Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Albums in Stores – May 4th, 2018

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 4, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. morken

Not everything means something, honey Supporter

Mat Kearney
    Frank Turner
    Jon Hopkins

That should be more than enough, but I'll see what gets recommended here throughout the day.

3. Middle Kidsssssss

j0hnnyrt likes this.
  4. LightsOut

Regular

Frank turner all day!

5. Orla

little old lady Prestigious

Carb On Carb – For Ages
    Eleanor Friedberger – Rebound
    Middle Kids – Lost Friends
    Tove Stryke – Sway

whitenblue88 likes this.
  6. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

The new Mat Kearney album is the worst LP I’ve heard this year, coming from a guy who made one of my top 20-30 records ever. What the hell happened?

Parker Millsap is great though, and Frank Turner is decent. Looking forward to checking out the Leon Bridges album also.

7. morken

Not everything means something, honey Supporter

Yeah that Kearney album is not good. I've loved his last few records, but this just feels like he's trying to tap into the Kygo and Chainsmokers craze. Disappointing.

8. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

He's the rare artist that I think has gotten worse every album. I love the first two, like Young Love a fair amount, am hit or miss on Just Kids, and didn't like a single song from this. It's so incredibly generic. And the hooks aren't even good!

morken likes this.
  9. Timecop 1983
    Leon Bridges

10. Cliché Guevara

the scales always find a way to level out Supporter

So many releases today. Will check out Parker Millsap, Jon Hopkins, Damien Jurado, Iceage, Frank Turner, and Trampled by Turtles at the very least.

11. noKings

Regular

New Home Grown popped up on my Release Radar... clearly not the legendary pop-punk band.

morken and Nate_Johnson like this.
  12. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Timecop, nice!

I'll have Leon Bridges on later, trying to get through this massive Rae Sremmurd release.

Nate_Johnson and bradsonemanband like this.
  13. Brodobaggins34

They fixed your brain when you were young.

Frank Turner
    Galactic Empire
    Middle Kids

whitenblue88 likes this.
  14. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

HalfNoise!

15. ScutFarkus

Jimmy Eat World released 2 songs today too!

16. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

Middle Kids
    Shakey Graves
    Lake Street Dive
    Leon Bridges
    Parker Millsap
    Pinkshinyultrablast
    Trampled by Turtles
    Tove Stryke

17. alexjlow

Regular

Parkway Drive!

theasteriskera likes this.
  18. xenoabe

Regular

That Frank Turner album is the best stuff he's done yet.

Others I'll listen to:
    Aquilo
    Leon Bridges
    Middle Kids
    Shakey Graves
    Jon Hopkins
    JEW singles

Turkeylegz likes this.
  19. Ska Senanake

Trusted

Nea Rae Sremmurd is banging. 27 songs lol

St. Nate likes this.
  20. theasteriskera May 4, 2018
    (Last edited: May 4, 2018)
    theasteriskera

Trusted Supporter

Singles: Jimmy Eat World, Mayday Parade, Gallant, Marc E Bassy (RIP 2 AM Club), Beach House, Shawn Mendes, Travis Scott, Christina Aguilera, Wiz Khalifa ft Gucci Mane, Florence + The Machine, Charlie Puth

Albums: Middle Kids, Trampled by Turtles, Matt & Kim, Frank Turner, Parkway Drive

This only gets me to like noon, any recommendations anyone? Doesn't have to be from this week but something good & released fairly recently.

Chrishunna likes this.
  21. CMilliken

Trusted

Really enjoying Matt and Kim’s new album! Just downloaded the two Jimmy Eat World songs. Will get around to Frank Turner this weekend sometime.

theasteriskera likes this.
  22. CMilliken

Trusted

Have you listened to Ruiner by Nothing, Nowhere.? Been spending a ton of my time with that one.

23. for those of you who love 80's synth instrumentals with various guest vocalists on a few songs, you'll love the new TImecop 1983 album.

24. theasteriskera

Trusted Supporter

I have, I'm obsessed with him. I have a Spotify playlist of his discography that I update every time he releases something. I'm finally seeing him in a few weeks, I can't wait

CMilliken, Chris Prindle and tyramail like this.
  25. theasteriskera

Trusted Supporter

HOLY SHIT!! Did anyone listen to the new Gallant single "Doesn't Matter" on Spotify on Iphone? The album art is like a gif or something, it's so cool. Does it do this for Android or desktop? I've been wondering forever why people haven't made album art into videos of some sort

bradsonemanband likes this.