Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Albums in Stores – May 27th, 2016 • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 27, 2016.

1. John Zafran

As If Everything Was Held In Place

Real Friends is incredible
    Architects is glass shattering
    Of Mice & Men - Live at Brixton is dope

2. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

3. noKings

Regular

Is RF incredible? Felt bored after first four songs or so. I'll have to give a few listens I guess. I've liked most of older stuff.

4. xenoabe

Regular

I loved it. It's not groundbreaking pop-punk but it's above average for the genre.

5. SweetThye

@sweetthye

So much good music today.

Thrice, Architects, Napoleon, Flume, PUP, The Hotelier. Damn.

6. SweetThye

@sweetthye

You check out that Napoleon album? Newborn Mind is dope. Been waiting for a debut LP from these gents for a long long time.

7. redwing91007

Never even heard of them and it was completely off my radar. Just added it to my list on Spotify. Hopefully I have time to check it out today, I'll let you know what I think!

8. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

Yeah, this is a huge day for music. I don't know how I'll be fitting everything in the next week. I've listened to Goodness nonstop for the last week yet I can't seem to stop listening to it. It's overtaken my album of the year so far already. The rest of the list is PUP, Thrice, Frost*, Thank You Scientist, Hesitation Wounds, Vinnie Caruana, and probably Real Friends.

9. SweetThye

@sweetthye

Oh wow really? They've been in the same circles as Architects in the UK. Their new and current vocalist actually came from another UK band called Climates from the same prog/metalcore/melodic hardcore scene over there.

10. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

i added like ten things to my apple music that came out today

hotelier
    pup
    half hearted hero
    outer spaces (riyl cayetana, baltimore friends:heart:)
    lone
    kristin kontrol
    gold panda
    flume
    clique
    thrice

great day

DejaMoi likes this.
  11. redwing91007

I'm not really tapped into the metalcore scene as much as I used to be, especially in the UK.

12. SweetThye

@sweetthye

That Half Hearted Hero record is choice. Band is so underrated. Hope they start gaining popularity.

Butinsmallsteps likes this.
  13. cwhit

Eh no real expectations, first single sounded like the new Somos record so I was intrigued at least, hope the rest of it stays in that path

14. SweetThye

@sweetthye

I got heavy Surfer Blood (vocals), JEW, Basement vibes from it. Solid emotional alt rock record. I enjoyed it.

15. cwhit

ooooof just the sheer mention of surfer blood makes me queezy, fuck that woman beating frontman

16. John Zafran

As If Everything Was Held In Place

bro just let it Jam a few times.. really get into the lyrics and his voice... for me its gunna be a huge one

17. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

So many albums... So little time...

18. hermanthehermit

Paris, Texas Climate Accord Supporter

New Starflyer 59 single streaming today too, if that's your sort of thing.

19. stijn_p

Regular Supporter

Exactly, i'm still into Saosin latest album and I'm gonna keep it that way for a while. Just too many good albums at once.

Jake W likes this.
  20. StevenW92

Regular

Thought Hotelier was meh. Halfway through Flume and really enjoying it.

Still need to listen to Catfish And The Bottlemen, Gold Panda, Lone, Michael Kiwinuka and Shabazz Palaces.

21. redwing91007

I'm about 4 songs in and I'm loving it, thanks for the heads up on this!

22. SweetThye

@sweetthye

You got it!

redwing91007 likes this.
  23. jorbjorb

7 rings

I don't usually listen to super heavy stuff but the architects stuff is enjoyable.

redwing91007 likes this.
  24. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

Great day for new music for sure. I thought I would only check out Thrice, Pup and The Hotelier but by reading the comments looks like I might need to also check out Architects, Real Friends and maybe even Of Mice & Men.

25. redwing91007

As it was suggested to me I feel it's only right to recommend the Napoleon album too.