Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Albums in Stores – May 19th, 2017 • Page 3

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 19, 2017.

1. somethingliketj

And that's why you always leave a note.

Liking a lot of the new Blink tracks on the deluxe actually.
    "Parking Lot" is still a jam. "Good Old Days" is wonderful. "Don't Mean Anything" too, especially Matt's verse.

There are some forgettable ones which was expected, but overall, always cool to have more Blink!

2. Guys Named Todd May 19, 2017
    (Last edited: May 19, 2017)
    Guys Named Todd

Regular Prestigious

This thread needs more people saying they'll check out Adult Mom.

Chris Prindle, MegT585 and cwhit like this.
  3. MegT585

Trusted

Guys Named Todd likes this.
  4. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

First time listening to MisterWives and I'm enjoying.

5. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Never heard of MisterWives until today, but Butch Walker produced their new album, so I guess I'll be listening to that after lunch.

6. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

Pretty sure that's all you need to convince you to check it out. I do think you'll like it though.

St. Nate and Craig Manning like this.
  7. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Yep, I'm in. Haha

sebastianrcgr and redwing91007 like this.
  8. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

if you like good heavy music plz listen to this Employed To Serve album

9. DearCory

Regular

Paramore/No Doubt-esque, Power Indie-Pop

Just very uptempo music, where every chorus feels huge. Fun horn lines give it a ska feel at times without feeling forced/corny. Lyrics are really solid, and Mandy's vocals are absolutely insane... what you hear live is even better than what you hear on the album. Easily one of the best live shows out there.

SmithBerryCrunch likes this.
  10. Land of Talk's album sounds incredible. Might purchase.

topshelfsquad likes this.
  11. "Japanese math rock" is a great way to get MY attention!

topshelfsquad and BigMouth like this.
  12. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I like the Linkin Park album and Blink is whatever. Lots to check out: Adult Mom, Jlin, Land of Talk, Wavves, and Mountain Goats are the main ones.

Never heard of MisterWives before, but I'll look into that one even though I think the band name is awful.

13. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Heads up that Vince Staples isn't an album, it's just a new single from an upcoming album of the same name

14. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Really liking that Flor album as well.

15. Dude, tricot is honestly one of the best bands I've ever heard. Really glad you're checking them out! Their older stuff (albums like THE, Bakurestsu Tricot San, and the Kabuku EP are a little more emo influenced. Their last album, AND, was more experimental and the new album continues in that vein. Plus they're an all girl band which is just a nice bonus in a scene full of white dudes. And they're signed to Topshelf Records!

My personal favourite track from them (and no this isn't live):

topshelfsquad and Chase Tremaine like this.
  16. Eric

Regular

Probably because their terrible name keeps people from checking them out

FTank likes this.
  17. Eric

Regular

Three songs into the new Tigers Jaw and I'm already enjoying it more than Charmer

18. The new Tigers Jaw is way better than Charmer. I can't even sit through that record.

Eric likes this.
  19. Thanks for sharing! That song is crazy. Also the snare is tuned hilariously high. I liked it a lot though, and I'm personally glad 3 sounds a bit more polished. I listened to clips but I'm hoping to get a chance to listen in full soon.

20. Eric

Regular

That's exactly how I felt. Made it to the end the very first time I listened but it felt like a chore. Then on subsequent listens, I'd get bored about halfway through and switch to something else

21. crunchprank

crunchprank.net Prestigious

I've tried Tigers Jaw multiple times and never saw the appeal. I'll give them another shot with this new release.

teebs41 likes this.
  22. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

I'm not sure if the people pumped for the new LP album have actually listened to it.

23. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Yea I recommend people who didn't like this band in the past to give this new record a shot. One of the singers is gone, the other singer strongly improved on his voice. Also they have another member who mostly sang back up (Brianna) who sings lead on a. Few songs and she kills it.

I would say that the sound on this record is a lot more accessible than their previous material.

BigMouth and crunchprank like this.
  24. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

I know I am so late on this thread but thank you so much for this recommendation.

25. I don't care that it took long, I'm just glad that more people are checking them out. Tricot is THE shit.

topshelfsquad likes this.