Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Albums in Stores – May 13th, 2016 • Page 3

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 13, 2016.

1. Zip It Chris

Be kind; everyone is on their own journey.

You win.

2. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

Checking in as a 25 year old male who likes PTV. Comparing them to 3OH!3 isn't really fair, the guys in PTV are actually pretty good at their instruments. Guitars and drums are honestly interesting. They get lumped in with the Memphis May Fire, Sleeping With Sirens crowd, but I think they're much better than that.

3. Eric May 13, 2016
    (Last edited: May 13, 2016)
    Eric

Regular

Pretty sure they're releasing a new album late this year!

Edit: saw someone already quoted you with this info. Good to see so many people in here are excited for it!

4. peoplearepoison

It’s a perfect day for letting go... Supporter

So stoked on this new Bazan. Also, Views by Drake is on Spotify

5. Expanse

PTV guitar lines are some of my favorites. They can write a catchy chorus like no ones business too.

6. hermanthehermit

Paris, Texas Climate Accord Supporter

The new Bazan feels super Headphones-y. Not a bad vibe.

7. austindavispdx

Still on this side of the grass

Haha I was going to say the same thing. Gotta revisit that album again now.

hermanthehermit likes this.
  8. Owlex

free snewt Prestigious

Y'all gotta listen to the Twin Peaks album, so so so good

9. I didn't say they were good, I said I'd be watching their chart position.

Jake W likes this.
  10. skoopy

Regular

I dont know how much Pierce The Veil is expected to sell in its first week, but I dont see them beating out Trainor, Drake, or Beyonce if they keep selling like they currently are. Right now its at #5 on itunes. I dont know how good of an indicator itunes is anymore, but I expected it to be higher.

11. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

PTV would have had a lot of preorders though

12. skoopy

Regular

Right, and I'm not sure how all that is gonna total up with their first week sales. At the rate Drake and Beyonce are selling though, they would need to get around 100k sold to get close to them without Trainor's sales factored in. I don't know any bands in the scene that have gotten that number in the past few years, but maybe I'm underestimating the hype.

13. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Seriously loving the new 3OH!3 album. It could be the three beers I've already had though. But i'm white so that adds like a huge automatic liking number to it.

Also, dig the new Blake Shelton and Brad Paisley(!!!!) With Demi Lavoto single that dropped. And classic Bayside single dropped too... may be my most anticipated album of the year. Next to the Brand New album that will never drop (quote that).

14. Frinet42

Regular Supporter

Holy smokes where to even start this week

15. SweetThye

@sweetthye

Same. Such a return to form for the band. Solid album.

16. SweetThye

@sweetthye

Chance's Coloring Book mixtape is insane.