Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Albums in Stores – May 12th, 2017 • Page 3

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 12, 2017.

1. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

Not to mention "lacking on the guitars".

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  2. I have consistently been listening to the s/t for 4 years straight :teethsmile:

3. bloodinthesand

Regular

I agree, I personally do not like the direction at all..I think it might translate in a live set, but I suspect that sales are going to be down on this album...It will be interesting to see

4. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Jamming to the Harry album!!

marktheshark4 likes this.
  5. devenstonow

Noobie

Paramore was eh but I feel like if I go back to it it'll grown on me.

Dreamcar was fairly solid but (and this could be my misinterpretation because ofa few interruptions) it should have been a 20 minute EP. I can't really see myself going back to it all too many times. But maybe that's becasue I've never really enjoyed AFI

6. I've never been able to get into ZBB :/

7. chhholly123

i’ve been meaning to tell you

Digging the new paramore a lot. Honestly reminds me a lot of Zac's more recent stuff with Halfnoise. Hayley sounds great. Wish I could hear the vocals on the Aaron Weiss song but other than that no complaints! Cool that they featured him so prominently.

8. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

Nick Murphy is really good stuff. Normally not my style but I'm jamming it hard. Highly recommended.

9. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

They're pretty middle of the road, in a pleasing and enjoyable way. Except "Colder Weather," which is legitimately one of the greatest country songs of the new millennium.

10. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Oh, also out today is the debut LP from Colter Wall, which is terrific and sounds like it was recorded by a 1970s folk/country artist or something.

marktheshark4 and BornToRun like this.
  11. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

Paramore didn't so much for me, I really liked their last one tho so that's a bummer

Girl Pool album is great, gotta check out new hundred waters next

12. Ben Lee

I drink coffee and dad my kids Supporter

Didn't realize Brian played all the guitars on this thing. Isn't Ryan a songwriter? Seems like a weird decision, unless Brian just did leads. Either way, I'm two songs in and I really like it. He reminds me of Mike Ness big time.

13. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

Paramore dislike in here is odd... i wasnt the biggest fan of self titled and i love this. the guitar in Told You So is what made me perk up my ears for this release even more. also, if anything, i think the sales for this will be better than self titled when all is said and done.

chhholly123 likes this.
  14. CMilliken

Trusted

Wasn't digging Paramore on first listen. Second listen was a lot better. It's gonna be a grower for a lot of people I think.

elemenohpe and Chase Tremaine like this.
  15. somethingliketj

And that's why you always leave a note.

Haven't listened to Paramore in ages, but with the exception of the single/opening track, I'm thoroughly enjoying this record. Sounds like Carly Rae with guitars.

16. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

New Paramore sounds neat! And could somebody send me B&C's new song 'Revelation'? ;D I had that release with just two songs, and I had had this tune too as well as it was a b-side on a single, but found it from some shitty source and with really low quality.

17. tvck

Trusted

i highly doubt sales will be down on this album.. totally fits in with current 80s revival trend and does it way better than most.

18. I'm happy to hear that

19. Yeah I just finished my first listen and I'm really disappointed. I'm hoping it's because I loved s/t so much that my expectations were too high for a Paramore II

20. GettingSodas

Chorus.fm Resident Soda Expert Prestigious

Earth Groans is more shitty metalcore.

Son of a bitch.

21. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

P A R A M O R E

The album is, just, incredible. Also going to check out Dreamcar for sure, and I guess I should give Harry Styles a chance based on the reception. Also, intrigued by this Matthew Ryan record after hearing about Brian Fallon's involvement, so I'll give that one a shot too.

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  22. Woah hold up, 3 songs? Is Revelation on there too or is there another track besides Body language and Run From Me?

23. Kuri44

Revelation is on there too

trevorshmevor likes this.
  24. elemenohpe

Irregular Prestigious

What other kind of band does Solid State sign now a days?

GettingSodas and marktheshark4 like this.
  25. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

Same 4 releases!