Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Albums in Stores – Mar. 17th, 2023 • Page 8

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Mar 16, 2023.

1. *Posts three-plus paragraphs about being silenced by a moderator*

3. paperlung

there's no place like my room Supporter

7288A021-FFDE-4290-991A-EEE8AFC36978.jpeg

4. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

Holy shit. You’re a moderator?

Aaron Mook and sowrongitsryan like this.
  5. Greg

This fantasy world you’ve created is hilarious. Pathetic, but hilarious. I’d say keep going, but apparently to get that result I only have to say one thing.

Shut the fuck up.

6. jayreimenschneider

Regular

We have the best online music community don't we folks?

7. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Might as well call it OliveGarden.FM because when you’re here you’re family.

tyramail likes this.
  8. SoCoWilderNeSs

Regular Supporter

Screenshot_20230319_170356_Chrome.jpg
    From the rules I was linked to in my moderator issued warning. It's amazing how none of you have been mature enough to handle or respect opposing viewpoints and you believe your own viewpoints make you so superior and so righteous to the point mass bullying of one person filled with constant insults is acceptable.

I keep leaving this thread thinking its done only to come back hours later to several more insulting comments.

HelloThisIsDog likes this.
  9. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

[​IMG]

10. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

Just a thought: you could just move on and not worry about it anymore.

11. Greg

Only you are responsible for not letting it go. Nobody is forcing you. If you’re triggered by insults, it’s still on you to leave the thread.

12. bmir14

Trusted Supporter

Damn. Enough. Let this comment mark the end of it. Let's fucking move on.

Now did anyone actually listen to the ATL album? Is it good?

Ok that was a joke seriously let's fucking move on.

13. SoCoWilderNeSs

Regular Supporter

So it's on me to leave if I'm triggered by insults? The insults aren't the problem, my not taking the insults silently and running away is the problem?? So someone being attacked should not speak up in response and should run away and if they don't it's on them??

I would love to see you apply this perspective to any other issue (including the alleged ATL victims) in the real world and think about what you are saying. The mental gymnastics you'd have to be capable of there to not sound monstrous is on a Simone Biles difficulty level.

When the bullying and insults stop I'd be thrilled to never have to speak on ATL again but I refuse to be a silent victim just because you feel "some people need to be bullied." Screenshot_20230319_185033_Chrome.jpg

14. paperlung

there's no place like my room Supporter

Maybe you should sue them into silence

15. SoCoWilderNeSs

Regular Supporter

I see what you are trying to do here but this would be better applied to those people in this thread who have been constantly telling me to "shut the f up."

Everyone else here are the ones trying to silence me. Unlike them, I can respect their difference of opinion without resorting to that sort of behavior and if that same respect were allowed to me we wouldn't be on whatever ridiculous page of this thread we find ourselves on now.

16. SoCoWilderNeSs

Regular Supporter

Screenshot_20230319_194433_Apple Music.jpg
    My favorite release of the week thus far is:

Pepetito likes this.
  17. Greg

You’re being attacked for dismissing sexual assault. I don’t even know what theoretical nonsense you’re babbling about here. Your inability to understand is hilarious though. Read my last PM and just stop. Yikes.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  18. SoCoWilderNeSs

Regular Supporter

You say I'm dismissing sexual assault. I disagree. I never said the allegations should be dismissed.

In more murky cases I prefer not to belittle people for listening to the band and prefer not to call people rapists while due process plays out. That is not a dismissal. I would totally respect anyone not wanting to give an accused band their time or business but I don't agree with the name calling or the shaming of their fans for choosing to still listen. In the case of Brand New it was crystal clear. This one isn't clear in my opinion. That's all.

Also, you pretending not to understand how you told me the fault isn't on those launching insults but on the insulted if they choose to not run away is what's "hilarious".

Even more "hilarious" is that I tried to shift the conversation back to music again...and then you had to come at me again...but I am not going to cower to your bullying so as long as you come at me I will respond. I would however love to be left alone.

19. Greg

My god, the incompetence is staggering.

20. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

[​IMG]

21. Greg

22. Not gonna read any more of this thread or post in it again but the last thing I wanna say that if I were to lose my moderator status for 1) warning you that the discussion is harmful and has gone on long enough and 2) clowning on you for obvious and deserved reasons, I would still be glad I did the right thing. Being a mod for this silly little forum is not the noble endeavor you perceive it to be and being one does not mean I'm not allowed to push back against people who defend abusers.

Users that do that are not wanted in these forums. That should be clear by now and the fact that any user would come back day after day to poke the bee's nest and then complain about getting stung over a band they claim to not even care about absolutely meets the definition of trolling imo.

23. SoCoWilderNeSs Mar 19, 2023
    (Last edited: Mar 19, 2023)
    SoCoWilderNeSs

Regular Supporter

Whether you read this or not isn't the point but unless I am met with further personal attacks after this response I'll make this my final thoughts as well so this can finally be done with. This will be a lengthy reply.

1. You @Aaron Mook never worded a single post stating anything to the tune that this discussion is harmful and it would be best for all parties if we ended it respectfully.

2. You didn't do the right thing. You took part in and encouraged group bullying at every turn in an effort to suppress an opposing opinion as if diversity of thought is a crime and that makes it just for you and everyone else to group attack and bully.

3. Ive never been a moderator but I would never picture it to be glamorous work. In fact I'd think it to be more along the lines of thankless but necessary volunteer work.

4. If you made any legitimate non-biased attempt to civilly end the conversation this conversation could have been brought to an end on page 2 but even when you would say "enough" you would make sure to do it in a way that said I was the sole party that needed to stop while also stoking the fire.

5. I dont want you to lose moderator status. I was never out to hurt anyone. In a perfect world you'd learn something from this and actually moderate in the future rather than incite.

6. The way you in particular and the rest of the users in this thread weaponized the like button for every snide comment and insult launched at me was incredibly childish. Do better.

7. You claim I defend abusers. I've stopped listening to countless bands I've loved for being abusers. Based on the known facts of this case I'm just not sure. I fully support everyone's right to boycott but when there's uncertainty I dislike speaking in absolutes about bands being rapists and I dislike the notion of shaming people who want to listen to their music. The problem with speaking in these trendy absolutes like "believe women" is that they leave no room for error. It sounds super virtuous to say those things but essentially you are also simultaneously saying you don't believe in due process. I think the best thing to say isn't "believe women" but instead "take women's allegations seriously and investigate them all to the fullest extent possible." We can't just scream witch and then set people we deam to be witches ablaze. That's dangerous. That was my only point this entire time and yet everyone is so programmed into this all or nothing group think that you all truly believe as you just stated that my having a different opinion made me deserving of all the personal attacks and harassment. You even said doing what you did was the right thing and that I deserved it and what's scary is you fully believe it.

8. I did get some DM's from people who agreed with me but didn't want to post in the thread because they didn't want to be attacked "again". You all have gotten way too used to silencing oppositional opinion through bully tactics. As you said Mook, users like me aren't wanted here and you make sure we know it.

And that's that. I'm done in this thread regarding this topic unless you all continue to attack me or I get banned even though all I've done is as respectfully as possible defend myself.

teel and TheSlime like this.
  24. WadeCastle

Trusted Supporter

love the use of piano on the intro, this song rips! stoked for LP#2

25. jeff.dart

Regular