Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Albums in Stores – Mar. 17th, 2023 • Page 4

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Mar 16, 2023.

1. JoshIsMediocre

The ocean's awesome, and for winners Supporter

not the point of this whole thing but I really hate when people call this website AP, like it's been 7 years, stop it

2. dtbjerke

Regular Supporter

M83
    Bayside
    Yves Tumor
    deathcrash
    100 gecs
    Unknown Mortal Orchestra

I'll eventually sift through the wreckage of this thread to attempt to find more stuff to listen to.

3. I shouldn't stir the pot but huge old man energy coming from @SoCoWilderNeSs. Learn to post without resorting to weirdo right-wing ghoul terminology like "virtue signaling" and "cancelling"

4. SoCoWilderNeSs

Regular Supporter

Morgan Wallen if I remember said something racist? If so come on...that's practically playing to his base so this doesn't apply. Falling in Reverse (Ronnie) is more just canceled for being an asshole, doing time for violating probation and throwing a mic stand into the crowd like an idiot if I remember correctly which is much different from grooming and sexually assaulting underage girls and ATL...well that's the current topic.

FIR and ATL are both canceled hard-core on this site at the very least. Is it true that ATL is bigger than ever? I wouldn't know.

5. Anyways please just be normal when posting in this thread, if you wanna listen to All Time Low all weekend and are able to not feel gross about it, do your thing, but I don't wanna fucking hear about it and it's pretty clear what this site's stance on the band is. Rather than argue about it, if you can't contain yourself, take it to Reddit if they're so pro-ATL

6. So fucking weird anytime someone is like "I don't even like this band" and then relentlessly defends them for two pages lmao

jorbjorb, koryoreo, scott and 13 others like this.
  7. Bkraniger19

ATL is playing a sold out show at Wembley tonight and are all over the radio. Tik Tok actually had a lot to do with their growth over the last few years believe it or not.

8. SoCoWilderNeSs

Regular Supporter

I am ultra left wing politically but I call it like I see it. You can label it right wing ghoul terminology but that doesn't make it less real.

9. virtue.png

just learn some new words man

10. sowrongitsryan

Regular

Lol great moderating

11. SoCoWilderNeSs

Regular Supporter

A different user posted about me using too many words and upping my vocabulary in an attempt to sound intelligent as a dig and now you're here searching how many times I used "virtue" and stating I need to learn more words as a dig.

Which is it? Is my vocabulary too large or too small?

The mob has their pitchforks and is grasping at all the straws they can find.

12. That wasn't me moderating, that was me not taking you seriously. I can do both!

13. sowrongitsryan

Regular

Oh for fucks sake why don’t you start. Go ahead

14. Very normal thing for an ""ultra-left-wing" individual who claims to not even like the band they're defending to say lol

15. kpatrickwood

Give what you can.

Can't believe it's been 10 years since Pedestrian Verse came out- really fucking happy to see the vinyl repress on that since prices on Discogs have been insane. Can not recommend checking this record out enough for those of you who haven't listened to Frightened Rabbit before.

16. SoCoWilderNeSs

Regular Supporter

It should be more normal for people to use their brain topic by topic and case by case rather than to blindly draw the line on every topic based on their political preferences.

What does liking ATL or not have to do with anything? This isn't about ATL for me. I dont listen to their music. It's more about people rushing to judgement and then using words like "disgusting rapists" as if they are known facts when there isn't anything actually known.

Maybe they're guilty. Maybe they aren't. I don't know the answer to that question for sure and neither do any of you.

Not one of you has told me the correct way for any band or person to respond to an allegation against them they believe to be false that would be accepted and thats because you've all created a dynamic where there is no correct way and that in of itself is the problem.

teel likes this.
  17. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

shut the fuck up man

18. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

I just simply cannot find myself in a position where I’ll post paragraphs at length to defend a band over a victim in these situations. It just ain’t it.

19. SoCoWilderNeSs

Regular Supporter

Stay classy, man. Having that kind of temper can become quite problematic in the real world or do you just save that kind of abusive language for keyboard warrior moments?

I don't look at it as defending this band in particular. I look at it as an overarching problem. Nobody uses their brains anymore. All I see here is a hivemind mentality like bees protecting their nest. Not one of you has made a real attempt to answer these questions either. There's a lot of avoidance, a ton of projection and those like Donnie Ruth quoted above who just resort to meltdowns.

20. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

lol

21. SoCoWilderNeSs

Regular Supporter

When you appeal to ridicule due to having a lack of anything to say because thoughts and words to defend your stance to blindly believe everything you see on social media are indefensible the moment you attempt to seriously stop and think about it you're exposing yourself man.

Resorting to laughter or aggressive language in the absence of anything legitimate is arguably the most basic and sad fallacy in existence.

22. EntryLevelTank

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

Ive been trying so hard to let that part go but I’m dying at a certain demographic moving on from Fight Club informing their world view to The Dark Knight haha

23. SoCoWilderNeSs

Regular Supporter

We're trashing The Dark Knight now too? I disagree and you've managed to upset me more with the insinuation this movie wasn't great than anything else has in this entire thread. If anything my world view would also be anti-Dark Knight ideology overall so this doesn't stick. Twitter cancel mobs = modern day vigilante justice which is what Batman represents so.....opposites really lol

24. paperlung

there's no place like my room Supporter

any sources to back that up or are we just pulling things out of our ass?

artbynickferran and Aaron Mook like this.
  25. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

mattav152, shea, Aaron Mook and 2 others like this.