Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Albums in Stores – June 17th, 2016 • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 17, 2016.

1. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

Also listened to: RHCP, Jake Bugg, The Tragically Hip, Laura Mvula.

Besides Laura Mvula, nothing was remarkable but they were all pleasant surprises. Definitely recommend the Mvula album.

Also, the p4k review of Bugg was one of the articles I have enjoyed reading least on their site. Between that one, the Temper Trap review, the Band of Horses review, and the Peter Bjorn and John review they put up, it's been a very bad week for their reviewers.

2. Nick Persico

Hey now! Supporter

New Sherwood. Yay.

For a new single, I highly recommend:

Maggie Rogers - Alaska

3. Dead_Presley

Agreed, "a different light" is a record I still spin time to time and thoroughly still enjoy. This album is on par, or tops that for me. The tempo changes that give so many of his melodies "earworm" status for me. Glad someone else loves it as well!

4. SweetThye

@sweetthye

WTF, I See Stars new album is actually somewhat tolerable... how?!?!

5. bloodinthesand

Regular

Nails and Gojira are incredible

6. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

My thoughts exactly there's been like no press for it either.

7. Supernova

Prayers/Triangles Prestigious

New one from Gojira is pretty great. My vinyl should be at my house today. I picked up a CD of Radiohead today. I'll also give the new DJ Shadow a spin. His "Endtroducing..." Is a top 5 album of all time for me, but his newer stuff just doesn't hit me even close like that one does.

Listening to NAILS now as I type.

8. metallikunt

I'm in love with the ordinary

Been listening to Sherwood for the last two weeks. Awesome album, start to finish!

9. CheapPop

Regular

YG, RHCP, Sherwood, Unlocking The Truth. Still gotta listen to Mitski.

10. austindavispdx

Still on this side of the grass

That Gates album is great.

11. Matt504

Trusted Prestigious

Sherwood and With Confidence are both great releases, enjoyed both very much so on first listen...

12. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

I have listened to nothing today but Told Slant. looking forward to checking out Mitski and NAILS later this afternoon.

MrRobot likes this.
  13. StevenW92

Regular

YG - Still Brazy
    Laura Mvula - The Dreaming Room
    Mitski- Puberty 2
    Let's Eat Grandma - I, Gemini
    Margaret Glapsy - Emotions And Math

All worth your time

14. Slampiece

@haysanchez

YG's new album is amazing.

15. shawnhyphenray

Regular

Trash Boat, TFK, Avion Roe

16. foomanfat

Regular

Didn't that Mogwai album come out in, like, March? Or am I totally crazy?

As for new releases, You Fail Me Redux just came in.

17. Eric

Regular

Really? I checked out that song with Soupy and didn't think it was anything special. But you saying it's better than ND & Roam makes me curious. I always assumed the people praising Trash Boat were the same ones who act like ND is the greatest thing ever.

Jake W likes this.
  18. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Yeah to be honest I never thought Neck Deep was anything special and don't get all the hype surrounding them. They've had a couple songs I've enjoyed but I was never impressed. I actually like Roam more than Neck Deep as well.

Trash Boat has more of a heavier, almost hardcore influence to some of the songs on this album. In terms of their less heavy songs, they definitely fall more into the Story So Far/Knuckle Puck type of pop-punk as opposed to the State Champs/Neck Deep type. Soupy also got a co-write credit on the entire album, which probably helped a lot. I'd recommend listening to the rest of the album but I don't exactly know what your personal mileage is with pop-punk. A lot of people on here have all but moved on from the genre so I never know when to tell people to check a given band out or not.

19. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

Trash Boat is just as bad as the other mediocre UK Pop Punk bands. Their best song is a bad Knuckle Puck rip off.

20. sven_sg Jun 20, 2016
    (Last edited: Jun 20, 2016)
    sven_sg

I've got this album for a few days too. Been spinning it for a few times and I must say this band sounds amazing. They have made a huge step forward with their first album. I'm curious how they will evolve in the future. For now this is my AOTY. All the songs on this album are amazing. If I had to pick three favourite song from the album for now, I would say "The Guise Of a Mother"," You Know, You Know, You Know", and "Thing Quarry".

21. sven_sg

With Confidence - Bad Weather . I have been listening to it a few times, and I can't say I don't like it, but it has to grow for me a bit.

Also I listened to a few albums that weren't on this list.

Trash Boat - Nothing I write you can change what you've been trough
    . This is my AOTY. Words can't describe how I am blown away by this album.

I See Stars - Treehouse" Their new album sounds different than their previous ones, but I have to listen to it a few times more before I can say how i feel about the newer sound.

The new Red Hot Chilli Peppers is one I haven't listened to. Is it a good new album?

22. Neon Light

rage and love

Better*