Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Albums in Stores – Jun. 9th, 2017 • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 9, 2017.

1. man, this Katy Perry album is boring as shit. pretty much all of the songs sound exactly the same. zzzzzzzz.....

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  2. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

Rise Against and Volumes I guess today. I'm barely excited for Volumes tbh. Their album roll out was slow as molasses. I think they dropped the first single almost a year ago.

3. mmhmm

Trusted Prestigious

Also, the two Best Buy bonus tracks on the Rise Against album are really good. Some of the most aggressive RA songs I've heard in a long, long time. Worth getting that version.

4. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

Well it looks like I need to check out the new RA record.

5. This Planetarium album sounds crazy. Crazy awesome, I think. Super weird and interesting.

Also stoked to check out Anathema. They're always doing great things.

whitenblue88 likes this.
  6. Mizza

Search out Don't Sleep's new track that dropped today: "Bring the Light". Dave Smalley (of ALL, Dag Nasty, Down by Law) bringing back that 90s sound. Sick.

7. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Rise Against. May check out Katy Perry for the hell of it.

8. farva2

Regular

But nickleback guys! Don't forget to heck that one out

9. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

Oh, I thought that was a given and that's why no one mentioned it. ;)

Seriously though, I'll give it a shot. Nickelback usually has 1 or 2 good songs on an album that will never be played live for whatever reason. If they ever did a b-sides and rarities tour, I'd be all over that haha

10. I wasn't feeling that Rise Against album, it still feels like they don't gritty enough. Just not my thing anymore. Phoenix lost my interest halfway through as well. I'm enjoying the new stuff from Pine and SZA though!

11. That's weird - sometimes she really sounds like Hayley, sometimes not at all. On a related note, I desperately want an album of songs like "Misguided Ghosts" and "26" from Hayley.

12. theredline

Trusted Supporter

Rancid is great...
    Love London Grammar
    Still gotta pick up Sylvana Esso from a few weeks back and...
    Paramore vinyl? Where ya at?!?!?

13. dotKev

@dotkevin

New Rise Against is a special record. Also heavily enjoye enjoying Lady Antebellum's newest.

14. She's a big Hayley fan, so her sounding like Hayley sometimes is less about coincidence and more about influence. And yes, an acoustic Paramore album (whether of new material or redone old material) would be awesome.

15. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

Kamikaze Girls

16. leahcimbackword

Newbie Prestigious

my album came out today! let me know what you think!

edisnfg likes this.
  17. thebigmilkman

didnt hear anyone mention that both dayseeker and the contortionist put out singles from their upcoming albums this week

18. thenewmatthewperry

performative angry black man Prestigious

Comeback Kid dropped a single today!

Not much of a departure from their last album which is fine by me!

19. crunchprank

crunchprank.net Prestigious

This was a pretty lackluster release day for me, and on top of that the few I was looking forward to check out ended up disappointing. However this Fear & Faith is actually really good - pretty much the only savior for this week. Thanks for recommending this!

20. Loki

God of mischief

Third Eye Blind's 20th Anniversary re-release with demos, bonus tracks, and re-records.

21. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

Woah, that Cigarettes After Sex album is so good!

ChainsawJedis likes this.
  22. Jack Wilmott

Self-described freestyle wizard poet.

Cant believe more people arent in Rancid. Pretty string effort. Best since and out come the wolves i reckon.

Listened to 3 songs from rise against. Not for me.

23. Honeymagnolia

Regular Supporter

Is Broadside out today?

24. ChainsawJedis

Regular

Checking out that Cigarettes After Sex s/t

25. You're super welcome! Thanks for taking a chance on it!