Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Albums in Stores – Jun. 30th, 2017 • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 30, 2017.

1. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

js977 likes this.
  2. zachmacD

Trusted

For anyone who's listened to Sir Sly or Washed Out's new album, what were your thoughts? They've both been mia for awhile but I was pleasantly surprised with both.

3. zachmacD

Trusted

I'm torn with Lany. I like their vibe but some the lyrics are pretty cheesy

4. John Zafran

As If Everything Was Held In Place

Sir Sly - Don't You Worry, Honey
    LANY
    Envy on The Coast

5. John Zafran

As If Everything Was Held In Place

loving Sir Sly man

6. tape_deck_heart

Checked this out based on the album art, as a whole I'm really enjoying it. Kinda has a Purity Ring vibe to it. Only song I didn't really like was 'The Hamptons', lyrics were eh.

DearCory likes this.
  7. theredline

Trusted Supporter

skogsraet likes this.
  8. SAINTE is great, as is Envy on the Coast. I also dug the new McCafferty EP from a songwriting perspective (think Tom Delonge singing for a mix of MoBo and You, Me, and Everyone We Know) but the drum production is atrocious. I tried the new Jay-Z record but the production made me snooze (however, I've never really listened to Jay-Z before so I don't have a lot of context on that). Stoked to listen to Ratboys, Japanese House, and that's about it.

9. paperlung

there's no place like my room Supporter

yes yes yes ratboys.

10. DearCory

Regular

Glad you liked it! Their first EP was really good too. One of the songs (I think New Bohemia) was used in an ad for something, so it might sound familiar

11. Zip It Chris

Be kind; everyone is on their own journey.

The Christian hip hop label had me skeptical, but that opener is a straight up Protest song...I dig it