Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Albums in Stores – Jun. 23rd, 2017 • Page 3

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 23, 2017.

1. Zip It Chris

Be kind; everyone is on their own journey.

The White Noise album is an odd one for sure...Sunspots is a gem though.

BigMouth likes this.
  2. The White Noise is such a good name for a band I'm a little sad they snagged it. I'll give Sunspots another listen though.

3. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

How does the first week of summer have such weak releases? I guess I'll give Captain a spin since it sounds like most of you are digging that. RIYL?

4. Spenny

Regular

Probably only Vérité for me this week.

5. Menzingers, emo revival, maybe Taking Back Sunday? It's just good, emotional punk rock with more mature lyrics than most bands that fit that description. Their other record, The Future is Cancelled is a more intense version of this new record (and is one of my all time favourites).

CMilliken and Brent like this.
  6. Zip It Chris

Be kind; everyone is on their own journey.

I couldn't get through the first couple tracks consecutively, but it popped up on shuffle and seemed to stand out.

7. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

Does 311 get better after the first track? Because that was a dumpster fire of a song except for the solo/outro. And the second isn't starting off much better.

8. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

New Captain has some definite Brand New influences. It will finish in my top 20 I'm sure, along with Vince Staples (probably my favorite hip-hop release of the year so far). Aviator was also a surprise for me, really solid hardcore release (except the end of the last song, I need to find a way to edit that out).

Brent likes this.
  9. InvisibleMoose

Some friends of mine just released an album today.

No Cigar - Palm Mutes and Pick Slides.
    Available wherever music is found on the internet.

10. marktheshark4

Vince Staples' is a definite aoty contender for me
    Still need to check out King Gizzard

11. Jackbo487

Regular

do not judge the album on that opening song, if anything Too Much to Think is an outlier on the album (same with Til the City's On Fire, both Feldmann productions). Most of the album is much, MUCH better and worth it, IMO.

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.