Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Albums in Stores – Jun. 23rd, 2017 • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 23, 2017.

1. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

Thanks to everyone who recommended Captain We're Sinking!!!

2. LightsOut

Regular

The "new" guttermouth album rock!

3. mattyinreverie

Rozwell Kid
    Aviator
    Sleep In.

4. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

oh sick, ex eye is out too

5. underoath

She broke your throne and she cut your hair...

Vince Staples.

6. CMilliken

Trusted

Captain, We're Sinking is all anyone needs. Will get around to Rozwell Kid eventually. Maybe Imagine Dragons. Evolve has to be better than their last album right?

7. CMilliken

Trusted

If you haven't listened to The Future Is Cancelled that's a must.

truelovewaits likes this.
  8. Captain We're Sinking, Vince Staples, and King Gizzard absolutely rule. All of those records may be in my top 20 this year.

Rozwell Kid was nice but I need to listen again to sink my teeth in. I think they're a better live band than on record (and they are a kickass live band; if you haven't seen them you're fucking up).

I'm excited to check out Heirsound and Aviator.

The White Noise is so bad it's worth a listen, especially when they go from an emo-Rage Against the Machine-metalcore hybrid on most of the songs to total butt-pop-rock on that song with California in the name. I was laughing so hard at how different of a sound it was.

9. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

The Chain Gang of 1974, people!

Grant likes this.
  10. Orla

little old lady Prestigious

Ooh, I forgot Vérité had a new album coming out. Gotta listen to that one for sure.

11. xenoabe

Regular

Thank you! I didn't realize today was the release date. Been looking forward to this one.

Ferrari333SP likes this.
  12. Fox83

Trusted

I really liked Stereolithic though. I don't know how the fanbase generally feels about that album, but it still gets a lot of rotations from me.

13. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

It's a good one; he really stepped up his song-writing on this one, and the production from Thom Powers of Naked & Famous was a great move

14. Jackbo487

Regular

oh I really did as well and was impressed, but the layers and depth of the songs on the new one are even more surprising, IMO. Both great records I didn't think they had in them a few years ago.

Fox83 likes this.
  15. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

the new 311 and Rozwell Kid albums are damn good.

16. MikeC18

Imagine Dragons sounds pretty good. Some Queen influences are showing through, I like it.

For anyone not interested in this weeks releases I urge you to go back a few weeks and check out Head North's new album. It's very good (favorite track "Broke").

17. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Glad to see the 311 love. It's maybe their most eclectic album and they're branching out, which I enjoy.

18. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

There are some great tracks, with some filler.

CMilliken likes this.
  19. Tim Fitzpatrick

You're doing yourself an incredible disservice if you don't listen to the new Rozwell Kid record.

heymynameisjoe likes this.
  20. heymynameisjoe

when the days have no numbers Prestigious

ROZWELL KID!!!!!!!!!!!!!

couldn't agree more. one of the best live shows out there.

cwhit likes this.
  21. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

booger is the craziest song

Joe4th and truelovewaits like this.
  22. Enjoying the Sleep In. record more than I thought I would. Still not huge on the new singer but they definitely did not disappoint instrumentally.

And of course Vince is just wonderful

23. thebigmilkman

siamese is crazy good. slow week but one of my favorite albums so far this year

24. theredline

Trusted Supporter

Does anyone know when Lorde's new one is coming out on vinyl?

25. elemenohpe

Irregular Prestigious

I would have NEVER guessed in 2017 we'd get a 311 record that I actually like. I just heard a fucking blast beat!