Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Albums in Stores – Jun. 21st, 2019 • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 21, 2019.

1. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

New City and Colour single is great, Blink is cool too. Not much on the LP front for me today, might check out Raconteurs.

2. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

Not this again. The band is The Bottom Line.

slickdtc and theasteriskera like this.
  3. elemenohpe

Irregular Prestigious

GYGAX IS MY SHIT!

4. joey-wan kenobi

Happiness is a warm gun mama

Seeing Fences release a new album is exciting. I seriously thought he’d get a ton of traction with that Macklemore track he did.

Wonder if label politics got him pigeon holed.

5. Dog Fish

Mutt

what was the point of another alter the ending acoustic? would have been cooler to hear a new acoustic version of TPYHCTFTM instead.

CMilliken and bradsonemanband like this.
  6. Dog Fish

Mutt

@bradsonemanband

That answers that:

7. KyleK Jun 21, 2019
    (Last edited: Jun 21, 2019)
    KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

Titus Andronicus, Raconteurs and Two Door Cinema Club are the big name ones for me.

Though for a lesser known, Toronto area band, New Design released an EP today too called Where I Need to Be. Haven't listened to it yet, but I liked Far From Home, which was reviewed on AP back in 2015.

[I'd embed the Spotify player but I don't know how]

Update: Now having listened to it, I will recommend the New Design EP. Not dissimilar in style from their previous release, but I think the vocals have progressed well.
    RIYL: The Early November, Armor For Sleep, S/T-era Moving Mountains

8. thesidekicksuicide

Mannequin Pussy - Patience is fantastic so far, and I've never been huge into them before.
    Telethon - Hard Pop
    Divino Niño - Foam (latino shoegaze pop)
    Black Midi - Schlagenheim

Orla likes this.
  9. mrenkens007

Surprise, Surprise Prestigious

These Dashboard re-imaginings are literally blessing my Friday morning. Wow.

His voice has gotten grittier and I wasn't a huge fan at first (primarily that Covers thing he did like 3-4 years back), but it sounds gorgeous on all 3 of these.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  10. Listening to the New Design EP based on your "RIYL." Diggin it so far!

11. Zip It Chris

Be kind; everyone is on their own journey.

I'm loving the Dashboard acoustic renditions...totally getting me in the nostalgia feels of hearing Swiss Army Romance the first time.

15 yr. old me: "this is so romantic why am I liking this oh my god that little riff is so simple and I could totally play that these songs are exactly what I don't want to admit I'm feeling and she can never know i'm completely head over heels and we've never even spoken before"

33 yr. old me: "hey wifey, listen to these songs, it's how I feel about you but am too lazy and unthoughtful to put into actual words, plus you already know anyway...but the songs are great...you're welcome.

...the playlist was a lot of work to put together just so you know, but you're worth it so ya."

Mattww and theasteriskera like this.
  12. Amanda A.

Los Angeles Supporter

Dashboard Confessional. I loveddd A Mark A Mission A Brand A Scar and can't wait to listen to this new version of it.
    Decent Criminal
    Holy Ghost
    Hot Chip
    Mannequin Pussy
    The Raconteurs
    Two Door Cinema Club

13. adamlikesdogs

@meaninglessritual

Disappointed by Titus Andronicus after 1 listen with the singles as the standouts.

On my first listen through of State Faults and blown away.

14. Bayside 182

Wolverine Supporter

Dusk and summer + Alter the ending.....which is the 3rd one I can't seem to find it?

15. a mark, a mission, a brand, a scar.

16. Bayside 182

Wolverine Supporter

17. foomanfat

Regular

Callous Daoboys - Die On Mars

18. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

That is quite the RIYL. definitely checking out.

19. KyleK

Probably unfair when it comes to quality, but I'm less familiar with bands in that space nowadays so for comparisons I end up drawing from the beloved classics.

I can't remember now which staff member reviewed their LP for absolutepunk, but they made the Armor for Sleep comparison, which really resonated with me at the time. I remember telling the band that, and them saying they had heard it before but hadn't ever listened to AfS (I hope they've remedied that since).

disambigujason likes this.
  20. theredline

Trusted Supporter

Wanna hear Harry And The Potters and super stoked for new Hot Chip but I may wait until the vinyl shows up!

21. slickdtc

Regular Supporter

I didn’t know either, I just pasted the direct link I got from Share option in Spotify. Chorus.fm/Jason magic created the miniplayer from there.

I’m on my phone for what it’s worth. Not sure where to find share link on desktop.

Btw, dig the album. Good stuff.

22. ej1089

The Billy Liar album is really good

23. KyleK

My mistake might have been trying the embed and URI share links rather than just the simple URL. Now I know!

slickdtc likes this.
  24. johnnyutes

Vaya con Dios Supporter

echoing the Mannequin Pussy rec. do it.

25. GUYSSSSS why am I enjoying Lil Nas X.........