Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Albums in Stores – Jun. 16th, 2017 • Page 3

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 16, 2017.

1. Woah! Lots of stuff today. Gonna keep me busy, haha.

Also, Oh Wonder isn't out for another month! And the album isn't self titled, that was their first ;-)

2. Jackbo487

Regular

holy shit Live in the Moment off the new Portugal the Man album is incredible

Serenity Now and KidLightning like this.
  3. aniafc

Trusted

It is remarkable when you look at their discography on Wikipedia. You see that album got certified diamond in the U.S., and then they just haven't had any big singles here since then. Maybe stations just got sick of them haha

4. bmir14

Trusted Supporter

It sounds more polished and focused. It's got more of a pop sound. Honestly just haven't gotten that "breath of fresh air" feeling since listening to the new polenso

Serenity Now likes this.
  5. bmir14

Trusted Supporter

I really, really hope that song blows up. What a catchy song.

6. Shakriel

Cause I'm running low on these hours of mine Prestigious

Portugal. The Man, Lorde, and Ride are great.

Serenity Now likes this.
  7. James Lyon

stuff123456

Inward Oceans album came out today FFO: Lights & Motion and U137

somethingliketj likes this.
  8. crunchprank

crunchprank.net Prestigious

Just a single, but Us and Us Only's first single from their upcoming full length is now up on Spotify. They put out a video for it yesterday.

Serenity Now likes this.
  9. somethingliketj

And that's why you always leave a note.

Jason Isbell is as fantastic as Craig says it is.
    Lorde's new record is a wonderful, insightful pop record. ("Supercut" is a gem...)
    Never got into Portugal the Man but seeing all the love for it in this thread may make me check it out.
    Fleet Foxes is.... dense. I'll need some more time with it.
    Lasly, that new Coldplay song is actually awesome. Not too excited for the EP based on the tracklisting, but this track gives me sort of an updated Parachutes vibe, so at least there's that.

Craig Manning likes this.
  10. crunchprank

crunchprank.net Prestigious

11. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

This week is ridiculously stacked. What I'm going to check out:

Lorde
    Jason Isbell
    Young Thug
    Fleet Foxes
    2 Chainz
    Big Boi
    Portugal. The Man

And, I'm honestly going to give that Nickelback record a listen. I've actually heard good things about it and I'm cautiously optimistic that it might be okay.

Anyone have a RIYL for Broadside or Royal Blood?

12. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

I've never really gotten into them but i'll prob give it a shot.

Serenity Now likes this.
  13. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

Perfect day for the new P.TM album and a perfect night for the new Fleet Foxes album.

Serenity Now likes this.
  14. BEsterley

In particular for me; Hundredth and Royal Blood

And still slamming '68's Two Parts Viper - some bangers on there.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  15. dtbjerke

Regular Supporter

I think most would classify Broadside as pop-punk. Spotify/Apple Music list Seaway, Like Pacific, State Champs, ROAM, Trash Boat (touring with them right now), Neck Deep, etc. as similar artists -- but some of their songs (like "Playing in Traffic") can lean a little more rock than those bands.

Here's the latest single off the new album

This was one of my favorites from their last album

FTank likes this.
  16. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

That track is definitely their attempt to get some major radio play. That track and Tidal Wave for sure.

Tidal Wave is much better IMO.

Interested in seeing how far this takes them.

17. Serenity Now

Would prefer if Tidal Wave did instead. Its more "inventive" than Live in the Moment but still plays in the same league of "this could be played over the radio in a mall" or something.

18. Serenity Now

Your description is likely spot on...which is why I haven't even listened to it. Haha.

Summer just seems like the least appropriate season for me to be listening to Fleet Foxes.

I'm sure its great though. Just probably won't touch it until fall.

somethingliketj likes this.
  19. Serenity Now

Try their newest record, then go back to their album Church Mouth afterwards.

The difference will shock you.

bmir14 and DejaMoi like this.
  20. Serenity Now

This is very good. Thank you. Thank you. Never heard of these guys.

21. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

year.
    Fleet Foxes have always released their albums in the springtime, which is so inexplicable to me, haha. Their first record is one of my go-to winter records and it came out in June. I think I'll really fall for this one when autumn rolls around, even though I already like it a lot.

Serenity Now likes this.
  22. Serenity Now

Haha. That is strange. First time I noticed them was in February 2009 with...appropriately...White Winter Hymnal

23. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

I got into that album after it started showing up at the top of a bunch of publication lists in 2008. I remember playing it on repeat (along with the first Bon Iver album) in the lead-up to my Christmas break that year. Always one of the first albums I put on when the snow finally starts to fall.

24. somethingliketj

And that's why you always leave a note.

Good call out - they're definitely a Fall band for me, haha.

25. ZooZooChaCha

Trusted Supporter

Been listening to Bad Cop / Bad Cop since Friday - and new Krewella EP is really good as well.