Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Albums in Stores – July 8th, 2016 • Page 3

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 8, 2016.

1. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

I think the run from Cloud 9 to Young Lonely is great, the rest is forgettable for me.

Agree on the slog and melody, they started to get way too sludgy for me, but there was always 2-3 songs I love so I keep checking them out. I actually don't mind Davey's vocals, the problem for me now is the painfully boring choruses and clean vocals. I'm right there with you wanting good melody. I think ATCBB is their most well rounded release, some awesome songs there.

JRGComedy likes this.
  2. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

Schoolboy Q, Dikembe, Frameworks, and Puddle Spasher. Those are the main four that I will be giving the most time to. I'll try out Emarosa, but wasn't the biggest fan of Versus as a whole.

3. klondikejoel

Night Elf Mohawk

That BADBADNOTGOOD album is great if you're moving around the house a lot and want some good background music. It's a bit quirky, so if you're not into jazz in the slightest, I'd stay away from it.

4. elemenohpe

Irregular Prestigious

On my list to check out. Now that I read your comment it had moved to next in line. Love some quirky jazzy influenced indie stuff. Field Musics new album is like that. Heavy Steely Dan influence but they still have their own sound rooted more in indie rock.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  5. NotBruce

Regular

Whoa, Chevelle is still a thing? Good for them.

slickdtc and Nate_Johnson like this.
  6. I purchased Night Verses and TTNG, as well as caught up on last week's releases with Direct Hit! and Silent Planet.

Gosh do I love my record store.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  7. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I have so many albums to catch up on. Direct Hit!, Emarosa, American Authors, Night Verses, TTNG....probably more that I'm forgetting. I've never listened to Chevelle but maybe I'll check out that album too.

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  8. dtbjerke

Regular Supporter

AllMusic has a pretty extensive release database. Not sure if it works for how you pull things but might be worth checking out. Though as I scroll through this week's list, I noticed they have Blink listed in addition to having them listed last week -- All New Album Releases | AllMusic

Chase Tremaine and Jason Tate like this.
  9. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

What makes the Night Verses album bad if you don't mind me asking?? Was stoked to listen, I'm sad that it's getting a negative reception from some people.

10. Jehn LeRoy

Already spun frameworks and it's great, obviously. Next I'll have to listen to night verses and dikembe. Then I'll hopefully get to school boy

11. Don't listen to them, it's great!! Hahaha

mattylikesfilms and beachdude42 like this.
  12. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

13. Steeeve Perry

Trusted

Avalanches needs more love. Their one previous album is one of the best records ever made.

14. atlas

Trusted

The production isn't squeaky sterile Dance Gavin Dance clean, and the songs are jarring, loud, and not always heavy. I fucking love it. Like, way more than anything they've done before

Chase Tremaine and beachdude42 like this.
  15. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Definitely checking out Switchfoot.