Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Albums in Stores – July 8th, 2016 • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 8, 2016.

1. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

Emarosa & Boys Night Out. I heavily rely on this list for new music, so an updated list would be great. Thanks to everyone in the thread for the recommendations!

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  2. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

Checking out Emarosa, Night Verses, Dikembe, as well as Frameworks. Cool release day, looks like there is a lot of stuff I didn't list I can check out as well.

3. carlosonthedrums

Cooler than a polar bear's toenails Prestigious

Night Verses and Emarosa to help me get away from how horrible everything is right now.

beachdude42 and mattylikesfilms like this.
  4. annoyedenough

This new Night Verses slays. Aric goes ham on it, as usual. Chevelle, Frameworks, and Emarosa were all good and I'm gonna check that ScHoolboy Q out later today. A good birthday for music

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  5. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

Badbadnotgood is good too

Essie and Gooddayz like this.
  6. Oh man, I didnt realize how early the BadBadNotGood album leaked haha. Mostly had it on for background noise over the last couple of months, but it's at the very least been nice for that purpose.

7. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Emarosa, boys night out, vanna, frameworks for me. I've gotten a bit less optimistic with each vanna release but I'm a few songs in right now and there's some good stuff here.

8. SweetThye Jul 8, 2016
    (Last edited: Jul 8, 2016)
    SweetThye

@sweetthye

Dude, right there with you. It's SO bad imo and I don't understand how that happened. It's like they discovered how to pitch bend notes and make weird sounds with them so they focused on that and nothing else. It's ALL lowend too. Hurts my head.

"A Dialogue in Cataplexy" rules though.

9. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Emarosa is okay, it all started to blend a bit for me by the end. Can't deny Bradley's vocal chops though.

10. elemenohpe

Irregular Prestigious

Same. Boring. Sad.

Glad I didn't buy tickets to see them with letlive. Whose new Lp was also hella disappointing.

JM95 and Nate_Johnson like this.
  11. SweetThye

@sweetthye

"Connecting Hexes" is pretty good. "A Dialogue in Cataplexy" is awesome. "Faceless Youth" is good. "Blue Shades of the Sun" is good. "Phoneix III" destroys. And that's it. The rest pains me.

12. carlosonthedrums

Cooler than a polar bear's toenails Prestigious

Totally agree. Their last few releases were a slog to get through, but I'm glad they finally decided to focus on the melody again. There's only so much of Davey's insanely scratchy yelling I can take without little breaks.

13. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

How is Emarosa, Boys Night Out, and Night Verses not listed? Tsk tsk.

beachdude42 and Chase Tremaine like this.
  14. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I was thrown off at first by the new record. While I do think Lift Your Existense (one of my all time favorite records) is an overall better record- I wouldn't personally call Into The Vanishing Light a bad record at all. It's quite good actually. It's just lost in its own ambition. Too many overly experimental tracks with not enough riffage/aggression that amazed me with LYE. I think if they added 2-3 tracks on par with that record- we would have a really great record.

Connecting Hexes, Drift (underrated af but fits great on the flow of this record imo), A Dialogue in Cataplexy, Faceless Youth, Blue Shades of The Sun, and of course Phoenix III: Into The Vanishing Light are all superb.

I've also come to accept that Aric is not human. He's a drum machine capable of the most insane fills and beats. Love it.

Anyways this record didn't let me down nearly as much as Letlive's If I'm The Devil..

That record... oof. Minus like 4 songs? Bad bad bad.

15. I'm on the fence about potentially buying both, based on what I've heard. If my local CD store has them in stock, then I might as well. More so hoping to luck out and find TTNG and Night Verses though

16. I loved each song on the new record, but i actually never spent much time with LYE. I was too caught up with Satori and Blackest Beautiful at that time

beachdude42 and mattylikesfilms like this.
  17. SweetThye

@sweetthye

All the songs you listed minus "Drift" are the only ones I like haha and I agree are good. Agreed about Letlive too. What a weird record.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  18. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

So is Chevelle like the most underrated rock band ever?

19. doubledribble

Regular

@Jason Tate is the release date calendar synced up to Amazon? Is that why the relient k album doesn't show up in the release date section? Just curious... The set up is a million times improved over AP.net

20. elemenohpe

Irregular Prestigious

As far as mainstream/ radio rock, yes. They are consistent and don't come across as contrived or formulaic.

JRGComedy and Nate_Johnson like this.
  21. I pull from a variety of sources, including Amazon, and other places around ... a lot of the smaller labels don't submit there stuff there it seems like so I still miss some each week. I try and go look at all the label sites and add ones the week of release, so I don't miss some (but sometimes still do), and add stuff to the system when I post about it. (Just added Relient K!) It's never going to be perfect, but if you know of other places to check let me me know and I can add them into our database, and/or always feel free to submit ones you don't see to me via email, here, or on the site.

Thanks!

doubledribble likes this.
  22. elemenohpe

Irregular Prestigious

ThePRP has a release calendar that focuses more on heavier bands.

23. doubledribble

Regular

Thanks for adding that album, and thanks for showing me the other options. I have had no complaints about the release calendar at all and I go through the forum throughout the day to see what everyone recommends. Very well done:thumbup:

Jason Tate likes this.
  24. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Oh dude do yourself a solid and check LYE. It's honestly amazing. You'll love it!

"Drift" grew on me but yeah dude- what the fuck did Letlive. do? It's like they stripped away some of the best parts about them musically. Definitely weird.

Chase Tremaine likes this.