Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Albums in Stores – July 22nd, 2016 • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 22, 2016.

1. SweetThye

@sweetthye

Yeah it's kinda weird to me that they went the Springsteen/War on Drugs route. I think I prefer the folk sound of Islands but I'll give this some listens.

2. SweetThye

@sweetthye

I think this is the sound they've always wanted. I love it. Definitely early 00s post-hardcore but also has their hardcore twist and some very metalcore elements too.

3. SweetThye

@sweetthye

Relient K, Periphery, Forevermore, HONNE, ATTLAS, and Bear's Den for me.

Checking out the new Against Me! single. Night Riots new single is FANTASTIC. Very 80s.

Also enjoying Billy Talent's stream on Pandora.

4. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

That's good for them then. And they do it very well and I definitely, I just loved their old stuff so I can't help but miss that style a bit. This new album will probably help them get a lot more popular too so that's good too,

5. artbynickferran

nickferran.com

I would agree. After my first listen, it's honestly kind of boring. It's nice to have on in the background, but it's pretty far from how Agape or Sophie grabbed me the first time I heard them.

6. SweetThye

@sweetthye

Oh crap, that's out today? Safe to Say is rad. One of my favorite young bands out there.

7. ianzandi

Regular

The last one was more or less universally panned by everyone. Streams didn't count towards sales at that point either. Maybe they won't break drake but I think top 10 is very likely

8. John Zafran

As If Everything Was Held In Place

THE NEW LOW - CONTINUANCE !!!! -THIS IS A MUST!!!

Periphery
    Despised Icon
    Relient K
    Capsize
    Crown the Empire
    Forevermore

9. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Yeah the new Bear's Den is interesting; not sure what to make of it. I like these new electronic influences they've added to their sound, but I'm not sure it's grabbing me as much as the material on Islands. Will probably take a few listens to really get a feel for it

JRGComedy and artbynickferran like this.
  10. atlastitsok

Regular

Bears den is all that will be on today. Maybe out of range a few spins

agree with the sentiment already stated- different style on this album but so far it's already growin on me. Not as immediately gripping but a lot of depth to it.

11. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Also, Joy Williams (of The Civil Wars fame), has an acoustic version of her album Venus out today as well

12. DearCory

Regular

I was wondering the same thing... I feel like probably not #1 since its not in stores/little mainstream promo at all to help boost numbers... but I think they can do pretty well!

13. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

14. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

Guess I'll be checking out the new Relient K to see what all the fuss is about. I did enjoy Forget and not slow down but they lost me after that one. Thought I would only be listening to Safe to Say but the more the merrier so I'm adding Relient K to the new music rotation!

15. Safe To Say - Down In The Dark

The Periphery record has already grown on new bunch, didn't care for it much at first

elemenohpe likes this.
  16. CMilliken

Trusted

Been listening to Relient K' Air For Free all week. Really enjoy it a lot.

Gonna check out Periphery sometime today.

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  17. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

New Relient K is like so much better than their last album, I'm really glad!

r0m4n44 and Chase Tremaine like this.
  18. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

It's weird the Relient K album isn't on the front page of Spotify. But they seem to not care about albums anyway.

19. bachna84

we are nothing more than mannequins Prestigious

No problem! Yeah, I try to post the ones I'm checking out every week if I can. They're a little hard to keep track of since they get released at random times throughout the week.

ramomcferno likes this.
  20. Juraraw

The new Anthony Green single from last week is finally on spotify today. Probably my favorite song of the year so far.

Bartek T. likes this.
  21. thevheissu

that's not how the force works Prestigious

the new Safe To Say is pretty great.

22. I commented earlier but here's the actual link for those interested.

RIYL: newer Thrice, I the Mighty, straightforward Coheed & Cambria, heavy alt rock

r0m4n44 and elemenohpe like this.
  23. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Agree with you on both points there. So glad Regina Spektor is back. Hoping for a huge fall tour.

24. alexjlow

Regular

Ah, thanks for the heads-up, I was waiting for this. Such a good song!

ramomcferno likes this.
  25. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Relient K all day, along with the new Regina Spektor single. Also checking out Forevermore.