Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Albums in Stores – July 1st, 2016

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 1, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

So the obvious release of the day is the new album from Blink-182. It’s out, I think it’s pretty damn good, but now you can listen and judge for yourself. I’ve heard good things about that Blood Orange album, so that’s next on my list to check out. That American Authors’ album is basically having candy for breakfast, so if you’re in the mood for sugar give that try as well. If you hit read more you can see all the releases we have in our calendar for the week. Hit the quote bubble to access our forums and talk about what came out today, what albums you picked up, and to make mention of anything we may have missed.

Above Top Secret – Above Top Secret
    American Authors – What We Live For
    Bat for Lashes – The Bride
    Beyond The Wizard’s Sleeve – The Soft Bounce
    Blink-182 – California
    Blood Orange – Freetown Sound
    GØGGS – GØGGS
    High Water – Crush
    Magic! – Primary Colours
    Maxwell – blackSUMMERS’night
    Message to Bears – Carved from Tides
    Metronomy – Summer 08
    Snoop Dogg – Cool Aid
    Thee Oh Sees – Live In San Francisco
    Useless ID – State is Burning

JRGComedy likes this.
  2. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

Avalanches came out this week, Blood Orange came out a few days ago, Maxwell I respect but that generally isn't the style of R&B I'm into...everything else is generally hot garbage
    We've been slumping lately, good time to catch up on old releases

CMilliken likes this.
  3. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

Why have candy for breakfast when you can have cool aid?

CMilliken and SEANoftheDEAD like this.
  4. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Got my blink vinyl and cassette in the mail yesterday. I am liking what I have heard.

CMilliken likes this.
  5. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

Well, blink is a turd but we all expected that.

6. theredline

Trusted Supporter

Really? Still waiting for mine...

7. ReiAndCoke

To me it sounds like where you'd have expected them to have gone after take off your pants and jacket... I wanted something that sounded more like an evolution of where they were at with untitled.

It's not bad, it just sounds like they tried so hard to capture their "old sound" instead of just organically making music. I'd give the album 6.5/10.

Left Alone should be the next single.

8. bachna84

we are nothing more than mannequins Prestigious

Albums:
    American Authors-"What We Live For"
    Blink-182-"California"
    Chelsea Grin-"Self Inflicted"

Singles:
    Butch Walker-"East Coast Girl"
    Chevelle-"Rivers"
    Islander-"Bad Guy"
    Of Mice & Men-"Pain"
    Relient K-"Mrs. Hippopotamuses'" (not sure if it just came out, but it's new to me)
    Sum 41-"Fake My Own Death"
    Taking Back Sunday-"Tidal Wave"
    Thy Art Is Murder-"They Will Know Another"
    Weezer-"I Love the USA"

9. John Zafran

As If Everything Was Held In Place

American Authors-"What We Live For"
    Blink-182-"California"
    Chelsea Grin-"Self Inflicted"

also Rocky Loves Emily came out with a new record

10. CMilliken

Trusted

Got mine back on Wednesday. I've spun it a few times.

11. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Blink-182 and Silent Planet today. Should be getting my Blink vinyl in at some point this afternoon.

12. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

I don't think I've wanted an album less than whatever Snoop put out. These old rappers would benefit from putting out 2 or 3 quality tracks a year and nothing more.

Rapid reaction to American Authors: It's about what I expected, good pop rock. Feel like the first album had catchier songs, but I'll have to give listen to this more.

Blink is fine.

13. SweetThye

@sweetthye

Agreed about "Left Alone." Never was a huge Blink fan, but I really enjoy this record. I think having Skiba helps round out the band more. Tracks 7-11 are all solid.

14. Yellowcard2006 Jul 1, 2016
    (Last edited: Jul 1, 2016)
    Yellowcard2006

Trusted

Just finished streaming Blink and I don't think I'll be buying it. Doesn't even come close to Untitled personally and I don't feel like having Matt in the band made has much of an impact as I would have hoped.

15. defmytones

Regular

Silent Planets new album "Everything Was Sound" is an incredible listen.

coleslawed and YouOnlyLukeOnce like this.
  16. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

I too was never a huge blink fan, but I think this is quite good. I'll be listening to it quite a bit.

17. whitenblue88 Jul 1, 2016
    (Last edited: Jul 1, 2016)
    whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

Blink-182, Bat For Lashes, and Metronomy today. Also, Bad Suns single is fun.

Bat For Lashes sounded better in theory (concept album about a bride after her husband died en route to their wedding) than I thought it was executed.

18. YouOnlyLukeOnce

#WRBK4lyfe

Agreed. Ive fallen in love with this band in the last year. Fantastic group of guys with complex lyrics

coleslawed likes this.
  19. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

I love the new Blink-182. Really my only complaint is a few minor sequencing and intro/outro things

20. AsfAstAswegofar

Regular

Am I the only one who thinks the new blink album doesn't sound like anything they've done before? Its very pop. Like how Blink should sound on the radio in 2016. It's still blink but the choruses are bigger the songs more accessible and polished. It doesn't sound anything like toypaj. I love it all that being said though

Colby Searcy likes this.
  21. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

I love your avatar.

Yellowcard2006 likes this.
  22. bachna84

we are nothing more than mannequins Prestigious

Also, a new NEEDTOBREATHE song, Hard Love, is available now. That's a total of 5 songs available from their upcoming album.

whitenblue88 likes this.
  23. Jake Z

Regular

Still a LOT of ''old'' rappers making real hip hop out there, and doing it very well.

I really like the Blink album, but only listened once. Need to give it more time.

24. Casanova Frankenstein

Golden Showers in the Golden State is better than anything on that new Blink album.

25. SweetThye

@sweetthye

House of Heroes new record is fantastic.