Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Albums in Stores – Jul. 2nd, 2021 • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 1, 2021.

1. Amanda A. Jul 2, 2021
    (Last edited: Jul 2, 2021)
    Amanda A.

Los Angeles Supporter

Izzy True - Our Beautiful Baby World (indie)
    POSSUM - Lunar Gardens - trippy psych rock

Singles
    Descendents, Time and Pressure, Chicano Batman, POND, Lady Wray, Poppy, Section H8, Homeshake, Creeks (Jon Simmons), Brent Faiyaz ft. Drake, Brasstracks, Yellow Days, Meat Bodies, King Woman

whitenblue88 likes this.
  2. Just saw that Tanner Merritt from o’brother released a solo record today. Listening now, really good so far!

3. surgerone

Regular Supporter

Yes! My brother is the touring guitarist for DARE, they’re great

4. Pepetito

Trusted Supporter

Flatland Cavalry- Welcome to Countryland.
    For the country fans.

5. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

this looks pretty long, have a song recommendation to check out first?

Bartek T. likes this.
  6. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

the opener is a good place to start and if you like that, keep going

7. KyleAtGalaxy

Regular

I appreciate the genre listing after each band. Makes it super easy to check out new artists I may be interested in.

thebe_st and slickdtc like this.
  8. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

Sorry, I was out for the weekend, if you haven't tried it with the opener yet I suppose they also made tracks 9-10 as singles, and songs #2, 3 & 7 had also been premiered before the album came out - out of that I'd go with "A Boy Called June Pt. I & II" and maybe "Cicada's Song Pt. II", which has a nice build up in 7/8 meter.

However, to be honest I got really excited after their first 2 EPs a few years ago - Prelude from 2016 is on Spotify, so if you don't know the band, maybe that would be a more digestable piece of work from them.

thebe_st likes this.
  9. thebe_st

What a fantastic recommendation. Where did you hear about this band? I've slowly been working through the album and it's really good. This was absolutely not on my radar.

10. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

That's awesome! So glad you like it! Not so long ago they got signed to Triple Crown, but I had my interest in them some short time before that, thanks to an awesome small indie label called Flesh & Bone, which I followed after they'd put out some tapes for a few post rock bands like Vasudeva or Tides Of Man (Other Mountains as well, which I was interested in after Teppei from Thrice produced their songs as well).

https://www.fleshandbonerecords.com/artists

However, out of the blue I found Adjy with their first EP, as well as Brother Cephus, which surprised me quite similarly - I'd recommend their EPs as well, though they don't seem too active anymore (check out "Not That Important" or "NOISE" ;D)

11. thebe_st

Dude thanks for the reply. I love this album. Instantly in the AOTY competition for me. I've shared it with several friends. Wish they were pressing it to vinyl. I'd pay almost any price. So glad I check these threads every week. Thank you, thank you.

Bartek T. likes this.
  12. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

That's really cool! I'm glad! ;D and oh yeah I saw it on Triple Crown fb as well - it's only a digital release so far, which is too bad.

thebe_st likes this.