Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Albums in Stores – Jul. 23rd, 2021 • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 22, 2021.

1. jakeryandesigns

Glad I’m not the only one. I’m wondering if this gap is just like artists and labels being unsure about how opened up everything would be and banking on fall be the better time to promote and tour.

2. Bo Brorby

I am VERY surprised no one has mentioned Capstan's new album "SEPARATE" that came out today! This album is literally AMAZING! Every song has passion & just hits. Seriously go check it out RIGHT NOW!

Another album I did not see mentioned is Fruit Bat's Smashing Pumpkins cover album. He did it again with this one. Give it a listen.

slickdtc likes this.
  3. Chase Tremaine Jul 23, 2021
    (Last edited: Jul 23, 2021)
    I've historically been so underwhelmed by Against the Current's output that I nearly didn't give the new album (EP? mini-album?) a chance. But holy moly am I glad I did. This thing goes hard! The closer in particular is amazing.

SoCoWilderNeSs and NSPaint like this.
  4. reachingfor

Regular Supporter

Thanks for the recommendation! With The Punches is one of my favorite bands.

slickdtc and SoCoWilderNeSs like this.
  5. SoCoWilderNeSs

Regular Supporter

I enjoyed "In Our Bones" a lot as a full album. Past Lives only liked a few tracks. This is ahead of Past Lives for me but not sure where it sits from there yet.

6. slickdtc Jul 23, 2021
    (Last edited: Jul 23, 2021)
    slickdtc

Regular Supporter

Albums/EPs:
    Capstan - pop punk/rock
    Nothing but Thieves EP - rock
    Descendents - punk rock
    Aim High - pop punk/rock with features
    Vaines EP - pop rock
    Take the Name EP - rock
    Healthy Scratch - punk rock

Gave all of these a listen and in love with Capstan and Healthy Scratch, and Take the Name EP goes hard... idk where Spotify pulled them from but great first (?) impression.

Singles:
    Grayscale - pop rock
    Hot Mulligan (Jimmy Eat World cover) - emo rock
    Heart Attack Man - emo rock
    Thrice - punk rock
    Coheed and Cambria - prog rock
    Young Culture - pop rock
    Blood Youth - post hardcore
    Lydia (Lauryn Hill cover) - emo pop
    Between the Buried and Me - prog rock
    Misplaced - pop punk
    Glazed - pop punk/emo rock
    Delta Sleep - mathy rock in style of Minus the Bear
    Cemetery Drive (acoustic) - pop punk
    Bouquet - post rock/modern grunge
    L’Exquisite Douleur - scene punk
    Shangrila - rock/grunge
    Nightwell - rock
    Desolate feat. Prompts - nu-metal/post hardcore
    Lightworker (Hoobastank cover) - prog metal

Honeymagnolia likes this.
  7. WasteSomeTime

Regular

I liked In Our Bones but their EPs I felt were better with Gravity EP being amazing. Past Lives yeah a few tracks but for me this is better then both albums for sure.

8. Allthegiganticthings

Regular

Fun song!
    Who’s the female vocalist?

theredline likes this.
  9. WasteSomeTime

Regular

10. helloiamzach

Regular

Their album 'Sad Looks Pretty On Me' came out earlier this year, and is seriously one of my favourites of 2021. Check it out if you haven't already.

11. foomanfat

Regular

Pacmanthemovie 2: Eat Lives

12. slickdtc

Regular Supporter

Highly recommend the Hot Mulligan cover of “Bleed American” by Jimmy Eat World. Musically, it’s pretty much a straight cover, but HM’s vocal style is so different and it turns out really cool.

Really dig this. Can’t wait until it hits my usual streamer (Spotify). Reminds me of a band I discovered from around here, Out of Service.

I was intrigued by the name of this and it delivered. Delicious skramz chaos.

Grant and foomanfat like this.
  13. Allthegiganticthings

Regular

Will do, thx!

14. Allthegiganticthings

Regular

This album is a banger! Thanks for the rec. :)

helloiamzach likes this.
  15. slickdtc

Regular Supporter

The Vaines EP is hitting all the pop rock vibes. Track 2, “thewaves” reminds me of a peak *NSYNC or BSB pop jam with a nice guitar lick for good measure.