Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Albums in Stores – Jul. 21st, 2017 • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 21, 2017.

1. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

Goldfinger is actually not bad so far. Man I used to love that band. Fun to have new music from them even if it's technically only John now

JimmyIymmiJ likes this.
  2. Colin Your Enthusiasm

More ska on it than I thought there was going to be on it

JimmyIymmiJ likes this.
  3. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

Goldfinger was a fun album, so many of those songs could have fit on California it's crazy.

JimmyIymmiJ likes this.
  4. John Zafran

As If Everything Was Held In Place

goldfinger
    foster the peeps
    dan croll
    to speak of wolves
    visitors - ep

5. ioev

I'm a kid I'm a squid

Anyone know who the feature vocalist is on "Don't Let Me Go" off the new Goldfinger?

6. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Lana and Foster the People are some of my favorite artists ever so today is a big day for me

Also checking out Tyler the Creator

SEANoftheDEAD and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  7. Colby Searcy and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  8. Brodobaggins34

They fixed your brain when you were young.

Goldfinger and Polyphia. Then just catching up on podcasts.

9. mikeb1124

Regular

Just started listening to this. Awesome record!

Colby Searcy likes this.
  10. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

You have no idea how much that means :heart:
    All done totally independent, recorded with a buddy at his house.

Follow/Share with friends you think would enjoy it. Thank you so much.

Chase Tremaine and Colby Searcy like this.
  11. Colin Your Enthusiasm

I liked it more than California. Fun to hear Mark on it. You're right though definitely has similar vibes yet at the same time California was def more Blink and The Knife definitely has that good ole Goldfinger sound going for it.

12. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

Yeah no question, it's just all these Feldman records are blending together for me haha

13. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Sounded like Mark to me

14. Orla

little old lady Prestigious

The new Sun Riah album is gorgeous—my favourite harp music since Emilie & Ogden's 10,000.

OotyPa likes this.
  15. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Digging both Lana and wolves more than I thought I would. NIN up next. May check out in this moment too. Really dug their first couple albums.

16. JimmyIymmiJ

Music, a steady riot in my soul. Prestigious

Goldfinger and Damian Marley for me. Been waiting a few years for both of these.

17. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

members of sorority noise, clique, and soul glo

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  18. Arry

it was all a dream Prestigious

Vera Blue released a new album if you guys love pop music. It's not bad! Also Nav + Metro Boomin, but it's full of fillers. Probably better if you're either high/drunk or both.

19. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

The Holy Bright (new band with some members from the band Last Call) released their debut EP today.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  20. Jackbo487

Regular

The punk songs on the Goldfinger record do sound like California, but the ska ones are pretty cool. Surprised by those. Also fun cameos from Hoppus & NicK Hexum

DejaMoi likes this.
  21. Jackbo487

Regular

Also, Ded's debut full-length is out today - sounds like Korn + Slipknot, and I believe Feldmann was involved here as well...

22. knstadin

Regular Prestigious

New Goldfinger "Don't let me go", "Liftoff", "Say it Out Loud" and "Get What I Need" took my back to 1997 :tear:

JimmyIymmiJ likes this.
  23. elemenohpe

Irregular Prestigious

I saw an ad for this the other day... I wonder if the name is an Eddie Izzard reference or just another misspelled nu-metal name.

24. rbf737 Jul 22, 2017
    (Last edited: Jul 22, 2017)
    rbf737

Regular

I don't listen to much punk/pop punk anymore, typically only from a nostalgia point of view these days. That being said, the new Goldfinger is pretty enjoyable. Not feeling those midi horns, though. Couldn't he have given Reel Big Fish a call like the old days? (On second listen, it seems like the horns were split between real and midi on different songs/parts).

25. knstadin

Regular Prestigious

Not sure if its midi horns or overproduced-to-death real horns ;-pEmm.. about Reel Big Fish.. You know that the only original remaining member is Aaron Barret?

p.s I went to the beach today and I had these 5 songs on repeat "Dont let me go", "Liftoff", "Say it Out Loud", "Get What I need" and "Tijuana Sunrise".. maaan.. felt like late 90s again.. dem feelz :verysad: