Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Albums in Stores – Jul. 14th, 2017 • Page 3

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 14, 2017.

1. bloodinthesand

Regular

parkerxcore and redwing91007 like this.
  2. bloodinthesand

Regular

I'm old as hell 37. I remember when Silverstein hit the scene and it's incredible they are this far in and can put out an album that completely shatters pretty much everything they have done in the past. Even though it's late in their career, I think this album is going to make them the biggest they have ever been

Also, Shane's melodies are stupid good

3. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Eternal Boy is really good. Really fun throwback pop punk song.

4. backbynewyears

Haven't listened to silverstein in years! Gonna have to check that out.

redwing91007 likes this.
  5. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

Hey, another old like me (35)! And a Thrice fan to boot.

I remember liking Silverstein ok back when they first came out, but they weren't really my thing. This new album is quite enjoyable though, even though I think it will fade for me pretty quickly.

I think I saw someone else mention these thoughts (could have been multiple people, sorry for not crediting you, whoever you may be) but it's a perfect "summer" post-hardcore album and reminds me of Yellowcard in a few spots, when it leans more toward the pop-punk and alt-rock sounds.

6. Spenny

Regular

Oh Wonder is the only major one for me today, but will also check out Mura Masa, Waxahatchee & Lucy Rose.

7. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Really enjoying The Gospel Youth album on first listen.

8. truelovewaits likes this.
  9. Matt Metzler

Space Cadet Prestigious

Lo Tom all the way.

10. chuwaay

Silverstein and...Pop Goes Punk

11. crunchprank

crunchprank.net Prestigious

There's a lot today. But I am so so so excited for Katie Ellen! After spinning that about 100x, Us and Us Only will be next. After that, I dunno... gonna have to prioritize. Good, good day.

12. CMilliken

Trusted

New Nothing,Nowhere. single “Hopes Up” ft. Dashboard Confessional is great. Love what N,N. has been doing. Hoping for a full album soon.

13. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

Oh Wonder isn't disappointing, give it a spin.

14. thebigmilkman

ghost atlas put out a new single. guy does the cleans for ERRA, sounds like saosin/tides of man

15. kaeru Jul 14, 2017
    (Last edited: Jul 14, 2017)
    kaeru

pillbugpdx Supporter

The new Silverstein album is absolutely amazing. Shaping up to be one of their favorite records of mine easily.

Going to check out new Japanese Breakfast and The Gospel Youth as well.

EDIT: also Waxahatchee. She is fantastic

redwing91007 and kwilcox like this.
  16. Jeez, thanks for pointing this out! SpacePimps' song "Alone Down Here" is one of my favorite pop-punk songs, like, ever.

17. heywassuphello

spare only the ones I love

I'm old & haven't listened to Silverstein since a compilation I received from Victory when I bought "Where You Want to Be", but I put their new album on and ran 7 miles today. It's pretty awesome.

kwilcox likes this.
  18. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Listened to Dead Reflection about 4 times and it's very good! Liked I Am Alive... but not as much as their other albums.

This one is great, very diverse and clean sounding. Definitely shows the band at the top of their game and Shane sounds probably the best he ever has on this.

I know he enjoys singing more than screaming so I'm glad he got to showcase that alot here and nailed it

kwilcox and js977 like this.
  19. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I'm really confused at the love for the Silverstein album. To me it's a major snoozefest and sounds like the band on autopilot

Spenny, BigMouth and elemenohpe like this.
  20. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

I think it's far and away their catchiest. As much as I love Silverstein theyve written a lot of boring riffs and choruses, and to me this album doesn't have either of those problems.

kwilcox and Colby Searcy like this.
  21. elemenohpe

Irregular Prestigious

Yeah, I gave it a shot but I still think it's very middle-of-the-road. To be fair, even their first two albums (which I enjoyed at the time) were relatively generic for the time period... even felt that way about the records then.

TBH, I'm surprised that Silverstein is still a thing. Power to them... if I was able to break into a large audience and get a solid fan base I'd try and ride that wave too.

22. I know you already saw my opinion because you liked it but yeah, I'm with you, this album does literally nothing for me. Neither did their last record. But TIHTWS is really good.

23. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I liked the last one as well as TIHTWS but yeah, they've reached the point of diminishing returns for me

24. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

Have not listened to Coldplay, but I was playing my vinyl of A Rush of Blood... and I got a little teary eyed remembering how perfect they USED to be.