Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Albums in Stores – Jul. 14th, 2017 • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 14, 2017.

1. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

Very excited for Japanese Breakfast

Essie and cwhit like this.
  2. Zip It Chris

Be kind; everyone is on their own journey.

Silverstein was never a band that stuck with me over the years...until Dead Reflection. This album is great. I particularly loved Ghost, but the melodies in every song really stand out.

kwilcox and Colby Searcy like this.
  3. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

Just finished my 2nd listen of the Silverstein record. In a nutshell, it's VERY good.

kwilcox and DejaMoi like this.
  4. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Silverstein, Punk Goes Pop (lol), and Eternal Boy (formerly known as The Spacepimps, great throwback pop punk).

Colby Searcy likes this.
  5. TDenverFan

Regular

Yeah Spacepimps changed their name to Eternal Boy.

It's the same band, so it's not really a cover.

Chase Tremaine and slickdtc like this.
  6. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

That new Punk Goes Pop album has to be the worst looking tracklist yet(and that's saying something)

7. younglikeme

ii // YLM

Silverstein
    Us and Us Only
    Mr Jukes
    French Montana
    Dayseeker

8. DAT NEW KID ROCK SINGLE THO!

9. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

New Silverstein is stellar, AOTY contender for me already. Also new William control EP is out.

kwilcox and Colby Searcy like this.
  10. My band's new single is out today too!

11. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Silverstein is the highest-profile album I'm checking out today but my low-key pick is Eternal Boy. Throwback pop-punk goodness.

Also heard good things about The Gospel Youth. Will probably check that out too.

12. elemenohpe

Irregular Prestigious

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  13. it's being pressed as we speak! :-)

elemenohpe likes this.
  14. MegT585

Trusted

Katie Ellen!!

15. therookielot

Punk, Absolute Prestigious

I've listened to the new Silverstein 3 times in a row. once in my car, it's looped in my headphones 2 times while I work on emails and spreadsheets at work. Such good. How does this band have such longevity? Same with Bayside or The Menzingers. Every album they've put out slays.

Tho I wasn't a big fan of that one with lyrics "We'll keep calm and carry on" cause it made me cringe so hard.

16. I don't understand, I thought that Silverstein album was pretty much a bunch of stuff we've already heard from them (and done better) in the past. Plus their schtick is getting a little old. I'd like to see at least some progression. Their best stuff was the concept records like TIHTWS and ASITS because then you could overlook the extreme doses of angst and awkward poetry of the lyrics as they were about fictional characters.

I'm not excited about much this week now that Silverstein has disappointed but Choir Vandals, Oh Wonder, Mr. Jukes, and Slaughter Beach, Dog will probably all get a listen. I'm listening to Waxahatchee now and it's okay, I've never been a huge fan and not much is changing there.

FTank likes this.
  17. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

RAC
    RAC
    RAC

18. TDenverFan

Regular

Grayscale's Love Yourself is fantastic. Like one of the best covers on any of the Punk Goes Albums ever. Seaway did good with Closer, too. Other than that theres not a lot of good ones, IMO. State Champs amd Boston Manor's are allright.

19. latortuga

Regular

I can very confidently say that if you lost track of Silverstein and you enjoy this album, you will definitely also enjoy I Am Alive In Everything I Touch. Potentially also This Is How The Wind Shifts.

Dead Reflection is awesome!

20. Frinet42

Regular Supporter

Oh Wonder! Finally.

redwing91007 likes this.
  21. BleedingDodgerBlue

I agree. They are fun.

22. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

Silver-fucking-stein

23. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

bradsonemanband likes this.
  24. BleedingDodgerBlue

Also check out Mitchell Tenpenny - Linden Ave. He's got a great blues/pop/rock country mix with a great vocal display. He has one of my favorite songs of the year below...

25. honkytonk

Narcissism on narcotics

Really enjoying the new Silverstein. Their previous album didn't really do much for me aside from a few tracks, but I've been digging Dead Reflection!

kwilcox likes this.