Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Albums in Stores – Jan. 6th, 2017 • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jan 6, 2017.

1. CMilliken

Trusted

That whole album is fantastic. I think the more stripped down his songs are the better he is. "X" threw in a lot of stuff and it didn't really stick with me as much as "+".

2. CMilliken

Trusted

I haven't heard Castle On The Hill yet. Think I'll just hold out for the full album from here.

3. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

I'm not a fan of when Ed Sheeran writes a song that's like... "hey I think it's a good idea of I bring my acoustic guitar, held over my shoulder, into the club!"

Leave your acoustic guitar out of the club Ed Sheeran.

Spencer Rhoton and CMilliken like this.
  4. Hazelnutsack

Irregular

You best not be sleeping on Walter Etc.'s new album that came out! For anyone who's a fan of heart on the sleeve folky stuff that is as genuine as it is catchy.

5. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

ZOOEY - The Drifters is also pretty good

6. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

New Suicide Silence track/video out today too. I heard they've changed their sound a bit and added clean vocals but I wont be able to listen until later today. (Predicting its gonna be not good)

7. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

"Take It Or Leave It" is wonderful. Didn't realize this was out today. Thanks!

8. thenewmatthewperry

performative angry black man Prestigious

Thank you for sharing this recommendation! These synths are hitting my soul in all the right ways!

9. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

Too lazy to edit my previous post. The new Flats ep has been posted on bandcamp for free/name your price:

10. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

Forgot about this thank you

11. Cody Butler

Regular

Adding Atticus Ross as a permanent member was such a fantastic idea. It makes the EP sound like NIN while adding a certain something to it!

kwilcox likes this.
  12. Cody Butler

Regular

This is fantastic! Thanks for the heads up!

Couldn't find it on Apple Music, which is a bummer since your description sounds like something I'd be all over.

DejaMoi likes this.
  13. atlastitsok

Regular

If it's called always leaving it looks like it's up on bandcamp for a buck and can listen for free. I'm going to check it out

14. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

That sucks. I really want them to be good again

15. Slave to the Grind

Gone is Gone should be getting more attention, it's a very good album. I liked their EP last year, the album is even better.

The Dropkick album only had a handful of songs that I liked. According to interviews they are releasing 2 albums this year, I suspect that they could have released 1 really good album and cut out the filler.

16. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

Just got done listening to it. Such an interesting yet odd record. Might have to give it another spin.

cwhit likes this.
  17. Cody Butler

Regular

I just found out London Grammar finally released a new single!!! Why hasn't anyone said anything about this?!

18. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

Come join the two of us in the album thread!

Cody Butler likes this.
  19. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

New San Fermin single came out at some point in the last 10 days too, for anyone interested.

Cody Butler likes this.