Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Albums in Stores – Jan. 24th, 2020 • Page 3

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jan 24, 2020.

1. Amanda A.

Los Angeles

Andy Shauf
    Acid Mammoth - Under Acid Hoof (for anyone into doom/psych)
    Black Lips
    Higher Power
    NVM - Thermal Memory (spotify compares them to Modern Color, Sunsleeper, Gleemer, Teenage Wrist)
    Wolf Parade
    Wire

2. RisqueBarber

Newbie Supporter

I have been on this site since the early absolutepunk days and wanted to tell you that this is the best user created content I have ever heard on here.

3. Dead I'm dead what. I have no words. Thank you!

4. Incredible. Ugh. Thank you so much!

5. MattNCheeze

Trusted

Rock n roll Chase

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  6. MattNCheeze likes this.
  7. I just called my local record store and they said it isn't out today. But looking forward to hearing it when it is out!

SEANoftheDEAD likes this.
  8. Listening today. I love the song "Lost In Static".

bachna84 likes this.
  9. VCargo08

This and only this all day. This record is just beautiful

10. Matthew Pearson

Newbie Supporter

Ethan Gruska is awesome songwriter music with interesting production. Plus Phoebe Bridgers is on one of the songs.

11. ALineInYourBook

It’s like you wrote that RIYL list specifically to appeal to me.

About halfway through, really enjoying the album. Good work. “Matter” is a killer sing-along.

12. ALineInYourBook

Took me a while to make the connection, but vocally he sounds very similar to the lead singer of I Fight Dragons. Like, eerily so.

slickdtc likes this.
  13. theredline

Trusted Supporter

Caspian
    Silent Planet
    And my Huntingtons album came yesterday so even though it’s out next week I’m spinning it. So good!

14. AMC

Regular

Awolnation single is good and fun.

15. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

CASPIAN
    Higher Power

16. Thank you so much! I hope you enjoy the second half! The final two tracks are my personal favorites. Also, I've never heard of I Fight Dragons -- I'll need to give them a peek

17. Can confirm as a backer that it's great!!

18. FloatThroughMe

Regular Supporter

Yeah this is great. I hope everyone checks this out. I actually checked this out before Caspian and I've been looking forward to that for a while.

19. I am both so flattered and so confused!! WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT

Truly, thank you. I remember getting the email of Caspain announcing the new album and thinking, "Well...crap. There goes my day!" Hahahaha

20. Yoooouuuuuuuuuuuu

BigMouth likes this.
  21. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

I'm really liking the Okay Kaya album, and also enjoyed your review!

Mary V likes this.
  22. FloatThroughMe

Regular Supporter

Haha I would feel the same way if I were you! I only had a bit of time over lunch so I thought "why not check this out now, I'll save Caspian for when I can listen to the whole thing." Now I have to wait to finish yours too!

23. I am honored that you'll be finishing it! :) The last two tracks are my personal faves, so I hope you enjoy -- and if you comment back at me later, we can trade notes on Caspian, too!

FloatThroughMe likes this.
  24. Lucas27

Trusted

I’m a little biased when it comes to @Chase Tremaine but have had his album for a bit and I really think it’s special. I get all of these songs stuck in my head on a regular basis. So stoked to see others digging it as much as I do.

Psyched to check out Caspian and Colony House later.

25. theasteriskera

Trusted Supporter

Highly recommend this if anyone is looking for something to check out. Along with all the other RIYL's, I'd add Gatsbys American Dream, Envy on the Coast, As Tall As Lions, The Early November.