Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Albums in Stores – Jan. 20th, 2017 • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jan 20, 2017.

1. BradBradley

Regular

You know, I really feel like they lost me somewhere around Kidz Bop 27. Huge departure from their earlier work. I get why people are still into them, but I think I just grew out of that sound.

2. goation

Regular

Yeah I really didn't like it. The vocals are definitely the most obviously bad part but the music wasn't that stellar either. Probably won't revisit.

3. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

The new Souvenirs is out today. Didnt see that one mentionned.

4. amnigo

Newbie Supporter

It's there, just search for Fifteen Years instead. Some reason it isn't showing correctly on their band page.

devenstonow likes this.
  5. Orla

little old lady Prestigious

Cherry Glazerr & the Cayetana // Camp Cope split EP!

6. jorbjorb

7 rings

as it is is catchy as fuh

7. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

TEN knocked it out of the park with their acoustic record. Ace is just such an unbelievably talented singer. Also their show in Philly last weekend was epic.

Spencer Rhoton and Dan O'Neill like this.
  8. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Going to check out As It Is, AFI, and John Mayer.

9. Hazelnutsack

Irregular

New AFI is so bad

10. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

Almost done the As It Is record, it's not bad but I don't see myself coming back to it, at least not often. Has some great hooks though.

11. Michael Schmidt Jan 20, 2017
    (Last edited: Jan 20, 2017)
    Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

Digging the new John Mayer songs. It's fine easy listening music. Will be digging into the new AFI and As It Is eventually. Have no expectations for either. I feel like White Offerings is not indicative of the AFI record. I feel like Snow Cats is and that causes me some apprehension.

12. tape_deck_heart

That's terrific, but nothing will ever beat the Kidz Bop version of Thrift Shop

devenstonow likes this.
  13. thenewmatthewperry

performative angry black man Prestigious

I want to listen to this record, is the name of the band Heat?

topshelfsquad likes this.
  14. Dan O'Neill

Regular

Did you ever enjoy the band? If you were into Burials or Decemberunderground, the new album is in a similar vein as those two in my opinion.

I reeeeally like it. They'll never be the same band I fell in love with (Black Sails/Art of Drowning era), but I really dig what they're releasing these days.

15. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

NO CD is the first true banger of 2017

whitenblue88 and StevenW92 like this.
  16. sawhney[rusted]2

Yeah

Heat - Overnight

First album I actively disliked in 2017. Vocals are just too bad. Stinks because music was alright

goation and thenewtypetheory like this.
  17. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

damn ya'll the two singles i heard before release are really great lol

topshelfsquad likes this.
  18. sawhney[rusted]2

for heat? i mean, the vocals just sound really weird, baritone nasally, and distorted or something. hard to get past that. stinks because I think the songs are pretty decent actually

19. redwing91007

AFI isn't clicking for me, not bad but I'm just so passive about it

20. dtbjerke

Regular Supporter

Had never heard of WSTR before today and am really digging this record. Appreciate the rec. Getting Neck Deep-ish vibes from this band.

SmithBerryCrunch likes this.
  21. Michael Schmidt

Wow. Yeah, these Heat vocals are interesting. The music is pretty cool though. I want to love the song Sometimes and the vocal melodies work. But, the delivery/voice just isn't sitting quite right for me.

22. redwing91007

Couldn't finish AFI, so far WSTR is my favourite record this week.

23. Michael Schmidt

I know I should dislike the As It Is record, but some of these songs have me tapping my foot.

24. dotKev

@dotkevin

I'll just leave this here...

New Lady Antebellum single is fire (I'm biased though, I love them).

25. Weirdly, I cannot stand the mix/master on the AFI record. Every song lacks a certain punchiness and it's way too treble heavy in areas. Honestly it varies all over the record and is strangely inconsistent, mainly in the drums.

The As it is record is actually pretty strong in the hooks department but otherwise it's a run of the mill pop punk record. Haven't listened to Foxygen, Souvenirs, or the TEN acoustic record yet.