Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Albums in Stores – Jan. 17th, 2020 • Page 6

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jan 17, 2020.

1. SoCoWilderNeSs

Regular Supporter

I have read the whole thread. See my last post edited. Where are these random forum posters getting their information that the accuser has come forward and claimed the bands statements is BS? They have to have gotten that info from somewhere.

2. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

As I said, others know more than me. I just know that the victim herself has spoken out on various socials.

3. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

tyramail likes this.
  4. indigopigment

Is this just all chorus thread posts by random internet uses who have no accountability? Serious question. I would be more than happy to read more about the situation, but I don't think a message board where anyone can say whatever they want is the place to do it.

Edit: after looking through the second link for a few minutes, it clear a lot of people have no clue what's going on but are speaking in certainties. A lot of people commenting are asking why Pinegrove dragged the accuser out into the public, when it was Punk Talks that broke her trust and set the entire thing in motion. Again, that forum is not the place to understand the story any better.

5. indigopigment

So you are saying that because others know more than you, you support their position, without actually knowing what they know? Do you really not see the absurdity of this? No matter the situation.

6. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

Considering plenty of people here have seen/heard actual statements from the victim, yes lol. I don’t get what’s so hard to understand about this.

Fucking Dustin, Joe4th and swboyd like this.
  7. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

Pretty much this. There's a veritable trove of information there between those two threads. There's a lot of discussion about it there, yes, but there's some first hand sharing of the survivor's thoughts on the matter. They haven't wanted to make a public statement throughout this entire ordeal and that should be respected.

tyramail likes this.
  8. indigopigment

Again, please point to a single comment where the person claims to have heard "actual statements" from the victim. I am really trying to understand your point of view, but either you're trolling, or are genuinely bad at taking a position and backing it up with evidence.

9. SoCoWilderNeSs

Regular Supporter

10. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

You’ve been given a thread with a plethora of what you’re searching for. Go do your own research.

11. indigopigment

I have searched it - all it is is people rehashing the situation in completely different ways. Again, a message board with random internet posters isn't exactly a place to get primary source information.

Also, the "go do your own research" response is the absolutely laziest defense of an opinion someone could have. You should be wanting to make others understand where your're coming from. But clearly you're unable to.

Anarchivist likes this.
  12. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

It’s literally there for you. You just don’t like it lol.

swboyd and Joe4th like this.
  13. indigopigment

I challenge you to quote a single comment that you are basing your opinion on. Just one...

14. SoCoWilderNeSs

Regular Supporter

I just read through 30 pages of it. Mixed in with having to relive disgusting ass stories like the pedophile in Front Porch Step and I found nothing different or new on the Pinegrove situation. I personally won't be listening to them but to me it seems this story is about people having blind trust that something despicable went down without any context or information because the ONLY context was leaked by Punk Talks inappropriately and made public by Punk Talks inappropriately which forced the band to publically address the situation which all went against the wishes of the accuser/survivor.

As for the details leaked - they seem to suggest dickish behavior but not sexual assault unless we are really loosening the definition of sexual assault to be simply asking a taken girl out on more than one occasion whilst being popular, dating for awhile and then breaking up.

If I am going off my gut instinct, I'd guess there is more to the story we don't know and the singer is probably trash so I'm not going to listen to them but since there's no real public knowledge I also can't condemn others for still listening. So i'll make my final feelings on the matter, unless someone brings new info into the equation be this:

"The Pinegrove singer sounds like a trashy and possibly manipulative and abusive dickbag and thus I have no interest in listening to his music but I won't judge others who feel otherwise due to the complete and total lack of available information".

15. AMC

Regular

I'm really liking a few of these new Mest tracks.
    Brings back memories...

Colby Searcy likes this.
  16. ALineInYourBook

You’re certainly welcome. I knew these guys from The guitarist’s YouTube channel, and I was really surprised how good the album turned out.

17. serotonin

who told you this room exists?

Just realized that Holy Fawn is opening up for Thrice/mewithoutYou this week. I had been meaning to check out the openers as I've had tickets and went to do so and realized I already did! Awesome timing. Death Spells was really good.