Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Albums in Stores – Jan. 17th, 2020 • Page 3

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jan 17, 2020.

1. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

Interacting with some people via Instagram and Discord, it’s pretty astonishing how many people seem to be under the impression that the victim gave them the full go ahead to keep going or had retracted their story altogether. It’s wild considering the absolute lack of evidence to suggest any of that.

2. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

Travolta
    Anti-Flag
    Holy Fuck
    Ether Coven
    Odious Mortem
    Bloodlet
    Body Void/Keeper

KidLightning and riotspray like this.
  3. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

good luck with this goal. I tried to do it in 2019 and I've kind of re-evaluated the way I'm gonna listen to music in 2020 because of it. It became pretty daunting, and the thing that I really regretted about it was that I was too focused on trying to listen to more and more new music, that I wouldn't revisit the stuff that I actually liked. This year I'm gonna still try to listen to as much stuff as I can that interests me, but I'm gonna be a little pickier and try to reserve time to really let the good stuff sink in.

Just my 2 cents after doing it last year.

4. Zip It Chris

Be kind; everyone is on their own journey.

Circles is fucking incredible. Anything else I hear for the resT of the year will be competing with it for AOTY

solxace likes this.
  5. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

Didn't expect much this week but I already have Anti-Flag, MEST, Halsey, Pinegrove and Eminem on my to check out list.

6. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

yeah, i definitely don't want it to feel like a job or a burden. it's funny how quickly we can turn something fun (in this case - listening to new music) into a hassle or stressful problem lol.

i think i'm going to stick to listening to new music while at work, and then at home / weekends listening to whatever i like or feel like. that way i'm not just constantly trying to keep up and also don't have to worry about tracking what i listened to and worrying if i forgot anything. i have an excel file on my work laptop that i leave at work so that will help me avoid new music on weekends.

i've realized over the years as i've gotten more into streaming vs buying albums is that my memory for music / artists is shit and the reason i resort to the same 10-12 artists is because i can no longer scroll through my ipod (or cd collection way back in the day) and remember what is out there and interests me lol. now i just stare at my amazon music app and try to remember that artist from 3 weeks ago that i really liked but then end up listening to some band i've known for almost a decade or so because that's what i remember best :tear: :crylaugh:

riotspray likes this.
  7. K0ta Jan 17, 2020
    (Last edited: Jan 17, 2020)
    K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

Just popping in to say fuck P*negrove and if you need to know the reasons why please search them in the Accountability in Music thread because this album is being put out despite the fact that there has been no closure and no blessing from survivors and ESH has done nothing to remedy his horrific acts so keep that in mind when you decide to give this band money

Zip It Chris, Carrow, Mary V and 9 others like this.
  8. tvck

Trusted

Damn thanks for this rec, really enjoying this on this gloomy/rainy day.

9. serotonin

who told you this room exists? Supporter

These two new live tracks by Russian Circles are so tasty.

abcdefg123 and KidLightning like this.
  10. slickdtc

Regular Supporter

This thing bangs

LCT Music and bmir14 like this.
  11. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

Pretty good day:

Holy Fawn EP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ...And You Will Know Us By The Trail of Dead
    Bombay Bicycle Club
    Of Montreal
    and a bunch of others people are recommending in here

JM95 likes this.
  12. serotonin

13. CMilliken

Trusted

New Hot Mulligan single is fantastic. Preorders are up for their new album.

solxace, LCT Music and bestofmoss like this.
  14. ALineInYourBook

Yeah Ive been pleasantly surprised as they’ve put out some singles from the record. I’ve enjoyed them all so far. Excited to hear the rest.

15. I like all of these things thank you

tyramail likes this.
  16. Amanda A.

Los Angeles Supporter

Today is definitely all about Bombay Bicycle Club and Mac Miller for me but will prob check out the new AJJ, Holy Fuck and Anti Flag.

solxace likes this.
  17. jeff.dart

Regular

Really digging the new anti flag album. That’s my jam this week. Also checking out bbc and mest

18. serotonin

Thanks for rec. Dug the EP and will dig deeper. Triple Crown puts out a lot of stuff I love. Excited for that Caspain album next week.

KidLightning likes this.
  19. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

Their last album was fantastic. If you like this EP you're certain to enjoy it.

serotonin likes this.
  20. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

I just posted some information about that in a facebook group I'm part of on a "new music friday" post in response to some people who were recommending the album. I haven't had good luck with doing that for other artists (e.g. Tool) but at the very least felt the need to put the information out there.

tyramail likes this.
  21. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

I haven't been as in the loop with music news in general and had no idea there was stuff going on with Pinegrove. There goes that record from my list.

22. Randall Mentzos

Listen to my EP: terrainofficial .bandcamp.com Prestigious

SUPER excited about this btw hahah.

The next two weeks need to hurry up please

Fucking Dustin likes this.
  23. bestofmoss

Regular

anti-flag rules

tyramail likes this.
  24. Come again?

"Pinegrove was gearing up to step back into the spotlight following the alleged victim's request that they take a year off and Hall enter therapy. “We wanted to honor that,” Hall said. “She recognized that we’ve honored it, and has since approved our plan to release an album and play some shows later on this year.”

Pinegrove Prepping Return After Sexual Coercion Claims Against Singer

25. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

Is this supposed to be a gotcha lmao, not a good look thinking that an abuser has license to come back and make music simply because he went to a few therapy appointments. His survivor has made it quite clear that she wants nothing more to do with this, and at the end of the day it's not her responsibility to prescribe a solution to this.

What ESH has done is not what real accountability looks like, and this guy whining about all his personal turmoil on an album and acting like he's the real victim here makes it all the more clearer how little remorse he truly has.

We as the audience have a responsibility to say no with our wallets (among other things). Make your own choices but know what you're perpetrating when you do.

Zip It Chris, Jake W, Carrow and 6 others like this.