Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Albums in Stores – Jan. 12th, 2018 • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jan 12, 2018.

1. Matt Metzler

Space Cadet Prestigious

New Carrollhood EP (Tim McTague, Nate Young, and Reed Murray)

2. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Camila Cabello and Tonight Alive for me today.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  3. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

Hussey
    Typhoon
    Tonight Alive

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  4. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

Just came here to shout something out loud about new Hussey, which I'm really excited about, but I see a lot of people have mentioned that already. Thanks @Matt Metzler for the heads up on that EP, I'll check it out for sure!

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  5. A lot of people would love that Toy Cars record if they gave it a listen (think of a more indie-rock influenced emo act).

Also, my friends' progressive metal band Tetrachromat just released their self-titled album. It's a mixture of ambient/electronic/jazz stuff and technical groovy metalcore riffs, all instrumental. I highly recommend checking it out, they've got something unique going on here.

Tonight Alive is uneven (what even is that Corey Taylor feature) but much better than whatever their last record was trying to be. Haven't listened to Hussey yet (but I'm excited to), and Dependence (spoken word post-hardcore) will also get a listen from me!

6. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

@BigMouth I've just checked out Toy Cars after your post, I'm in the middle of the album now, sounds good!

BigMouth likes this.
  7. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

My best friend Austin Gordon @austingordon released his new album/EP/whatever the fuck called "Growing Pains" and it is very very very good.

Can be streamed on Apple Music/Spotify and can also be purchased on iTunes/Amazon/Bandcamp if you're so inclined.

8. Spenny

Regular

Album-wise, just Camila Cabello and BØRNS for me today. Gave Camila a first spin and it's pretty decent.

Also loving the new Troye Sivan track My My My! and Fall Out Boy's Wilson (Expensive Mistakes).

Music video-wise, Taylor's End Game music video is great and Dua Lipa put out her music video for IDGAF. It seems to be getting a bit of hate on Facebook, but I super dig the video. Lots of Stromae and Christine and the Queens vibes (which makes sense, since Stromae was the artistic director of the video I think).

9. Frank Lapidus

Regular Supporter

I really hope people give Typhoon's new record a proper spin. It's a litter harder to digest than their last record but damn - I think it's really going to stick with me longer than anything else they've released.

Colin Your Enthusiasm likes this.
  10. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

Only 3 songs in and this is really good. Love the soul influence, it's making me feel all warm on the inside on such a cold, dreary day.

Have you checked out the Hussey record?

Nate_Johnson and Craig Manning like this.
  11. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Thanks for the rec, this thing slaps and I love it

BigMouth likes this.
  12. EarthShifts

Trusted

I had no idea this was coming out.

I love All Get Out, but sometimes I prefer to just hear him solo. I woke up today with that urge so I listened to a full solo of his on YouTube.

Now I’m pumped to listen to this. Thanks for the heads up!

Mattww likes this.
  13. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

Listening to that Carrollhood EP now. Decent so far.

14. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

I was really relieved I figured out what album cover that reminded me - it was going to drive me nuts. Anberlin's Vital.

15. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

...And I just realized someone has it as their avatar at the top of the page. Either a crazy coincidence, or I'd subconsciously noticed it.

Fucking Dustin likes this.
  16. jasonmerch

Nathaniel Rateliff and the Night Sweats released the first single from their upcoming album. So fucking good!

17. I'm pretty sure I like this Hussey record more than the last AGO record. Damn this is good!

Mattww likes this.
  18. LightsOut

Regular

Im very late but ive just discovered « mistery weekend » the band with the singer of protest the hero! Wow!!

redwing91007 likes this.
  19. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

I have not! Would you recommend it?

KidLightning and skurt like this.
  20. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

mercury and Craig Manning like this.
  21. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

What @skurt said! I’m only on my second listen, but it’s really good. I’m excited to dive in deeper to the story of the album.

Production is excellent too.

skurt likes this.
  22. Orla

little old lady Prestigious

I listened to “Tremble” constantly last year! Had no idea she was set to release an EP this week, so thank you!!

paythetab likes this.