Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Albums in Stores – Feb. 8th, 2019 • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Feb 8, 2019.

1. serotonin

who told you this room exists? Supporter

2. Amanda A.

Los Angeles Supporter

Ariana Grande
    LCD Soundsystem
    Panda Bear

3. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

Someone else listen to Queen Zee plz

Carrow likes this.
  4. LightsOut

Regular

Wow what happened with emarosa? People like this?

5. ghostxvapor

Trusted

Lume put out a couple B-Sides from Wrung Out

6. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

Emarosa and the August Burns Red EP for me. Not super excited for either but let's see how this goes.

7. SoCoWilderNeSs Feb 8, 2019
    (Last edited: Feb 8, 2019)
    SoCoWilderNeSs

Regular Supporter

Some brief early reviews

1. As December Falls - I had a lot of fun listening to this album. I wouldn't be so fast to jump to the Paramore comparison. Yes it's a female lead. Yes, it's upbeat and catchy and yes there are nice little riffs and solo guitar work mixed in to each track but it has a different feel to me than Paramore ever did. Anyway it's worth a listen to those who enjoy this type of sound. This is a high quality energetic and fun release.

2. Ariana Grande - I've never been a big mainstream pop music listener and have often just quickly glossed over Ariana's earlier records while recognizing her talent as a vocalist. This album seems more stripped down at times and genuine than her earlier works. There is less of that ultra high pitched yet somehow shallow singing that I remember dominating much of her older music. I surprisingly liked it. I won't be surprised to see this album at #1 on the charts for awhile. She certainly won't lose any fans with this one.

3. Emarosa - I just finished listening. Maybe an early contender for AOTY? I loved it. We'll see if this holds true on future listens. This sound Emarosa has put together reminds me of a finely crafted take on some Head Automatica with more pop influence.

4. Calling All Captains - I've never heard of this band so I added their EP to my Apple Music and I look forward to spinning it soon.

anonimito and Chase Tremaine like this.
  8. Bayside 182

Wolverine Supporter

Lovin the cool pop reggae vibes from The Holdup

9. serotonin

who told you this room exists? Supporter

I just found Quiet Company who just released a 5-song EP. I'm really enjoying it.

CochleaCocaine and dastly75 like this.
  10. Absolutely loving the Emarosa record. Also had a lot of fun listening to the new Busted record. I tried Ariana, but I've never been able to stand her voice, so I could only stand a few tracks before giving up.

anonimito likes this.
  11. dastly75

Said The Whale - Cascadia

12. Zip It Chris

Be kind; everyone is on their own journey.

Good stuff, been listening to him lately thanks to a Spotify Playlist he popped up on...didn't know he had a new album out.

Dave Diddy likes this.
  13. farva2

Regular

You missed Emarosa my dude

anonimito likes this.
  14. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

HEALTH is glorious.

15. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

This for me today.

ghostxvapor likes this.
  16. Big into the Queen Zee and HEALTH records, yeah.

17. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

YES QUEEN ZEE

18. FTFY

Didn't think their record was out until like April or something, this was a nice surprise today for sure.

Jake W likes this.
  19. Guilherme Brandao

Regular

New LCD Soundsystem rocks hard.

One of the best concerts I've ever been to. Wasn't a believer before seeing them live, but now I'm a big fan.

Gonna check out Bob Mould as well

prattsy likes this.
  20. Amanda A.

Los Angeles Supporter

Check out the new Flat Worms record if you're into fuzzy punk rock.

ghostxvapor likes this.
  21. dotKev

@dotkevin

New Emarosa is really fantastic.

anonimito likes this.
  22. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Is Dick Muffin not in Emarosa anymore? If so, I may actually listen to it.

23. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

Johnny hasn’t been in Emarosa for quite a while there buddy.

24. They didn’t have an album thread here, which I pull from, and for some reason Hopeless never appears on any of the release date calendars I check each week.

25. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

I stopped paying attention to that band a long, long time ago. I'm glad he's gone, I always liked the style.