Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Albums in Stores – Feb. 7th, 2020 • Page 4

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Feb 7, 2020.

1. Toner

A Welshy in London Supporter

I played this game with my old school mates earlier as I threw this album down their throats. I went with:

"A rawer long lost brother of The Menzingers, a politically dialled down Rise Against and as fired up as early stuff from The Wonder Years."

I've only had two full listens so far, but I am fully on board on the hype train. This absolutely delivers on all of the promise that the singles demonstrated and is such a ridiculously great follow up to Schmaltz thematically.

The lyrics pack a hell of a punch and actually found myself wincing at a few of them on my first listen. I remember having a similar experience with Schmaltz though and nearly ditching it after my first listen for being a bit OTT. Second listen it clicked though and I know every damn word to that record now. Already singing along to some of these new tracks too.

.K. likes this.
  2. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Also a very good and accurate description. I like how the album it doesn’t feel contrived. It’s charged with raw vocal emotion which is why I enjoy bands like Gaslight Anthem/Brian Fallon, Menzingers and some Social D amongst many good ones.

it’s great to have a band release an album that feels so far away from the current pop trend, without trying to play off nostalgia.

3. Former Planets

Aaaachem!

I don’t see how Rise Against would ever pop into anyone’s mind when describing Spanish Love Songs.

CMilliken and SaveTheEarth like this.
  4. dastly75

Oh Wonder's third LP: