Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Albums in Stores – Feb. 3rd, 2017 • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Feb 3, 2017.

1. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

How is the Less Than Jake EP? I'm excited to check it out today.

2. ianzandi

Regular

Just found out Mikal Cronin released 2 new songs today as well!

Fronnyfron likes this.
  3. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

Lower Than Atlantis was very meh on the first listen. MUNA is decent so far.

4. Orla

little old lady Prestigious

For sure MUNA, Tiny Deaths, and Courage My Love. Probably the Menzingers, too—I haven't been into their previous albums much, but I've loved the singles released for the new one.

5. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

MUNA

MUNA

MUNA

6. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

The last two LTA albums were meh so I'm not even bothering with this one

7. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Liked it a good bit. They still sound great and there's a lot of the ska half of their ska-punk sound in here. It's definitely a fun listen.

Daniel182 likes this.
  8. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

New Wyclef Jean is out today, his first album in 7 years. Pretty great imo.

New Syd album is also good

enjoying Big Sean and the new Jeremih and Vince Staples singles as well. good day for music

9. CMilliken

Trusted

Just drove around listening to After The Party by The Menzingers. What an album!

10. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

Today's probably my favorite release day of the year so far. All of these met or exceeded my expectations.

11. redwing91007

Just finishing up with Menzingers, it's good, not AOTY levels but still enjoyable. Curious to see how often I come back to it.

12. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

Basement put up a re-recorded/remixed version of Promise Everything (the song) this morning and announced a deluxe version of Promise Everything (the record). Not sure how I feel about the remixed song yet. Aparrently the whole record is going to be remixed and remastered.

13. younglikeme

ii // YLM

@elemenohpe where are you dude? I rely on your picks in this thread for the heavier stuff haha

elemenohpe and goation like this.
  14. redwing91007

WATERMEDOWN is going to be my favorite record of the day. FFO: Tiny Moving Parts, Dryjacket

MegT585 likes this.
  15. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

2017 isn't fucking around! Between the Menzingers, Dave Hause, and Less Than Jake... I have a lot to listen to this weekend.

16. BIG WRECK!!

Somehow my eyes skipped right over that on the list earlier, I almost forgot that was today!

17. elemenohpe Feb 3, 2017
    (Last edited: Feb 3, 2017)
    elemenohpe

Irregular Prestigious

Haha. That brought a smile to my face. I slept in today and I'm at work now. Only a few today that weren't mentioned above.

Afterlife - Vicious Cycle
    Galactic Empire - Galactic Empire
    Horisont - About Time

And Soen (ex-Opeth) has a new album out today... not on Spotify but it's for streaming here:
    Soen explore the darkness with new album Lykaia

EDIT: That Soen album is on Spotify... just wasn't at 4AM when I was adding stuff to my phone.

younglikeme likes this.
  18. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Yes check out the WATERMEDOWN record!

19. MegT585

Trusted

Loving the WATERMEDOWN album.

goation and redwing91007 like this.
  20. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

Eyeing Big Sean and Syd to listen today.

21. MrScott

I think you may be MUNA's #1 hype man on chorus.fm -- appreciate the support!! Hope you dig the record.

22. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Haha oh yeah; ever since I discovered them early last year I've been waiting for the day their debut would come out, and it's finally come. It's a sound I think a lot of people would like, so the more hype I can give them to get people to listen, the better!

whitenblue88 likes this.
  23. MrScott

Hell yeah! I play drums live with them. I see you are from Minny -- we are playing St. Paul in a couple weeks. You should come out and say hey!

24. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Nicee!! That's a show I'm for sure going to, and trying to convince some other friends to go as well. Will for sure stop by merch after the show and have a chat/get my album copy signed, etc. Thanks for joining the Chorus forums!

25. MrScott

Sounds great man! And I've been on ap.net / chorus.fm for ten years -- my musical home base for sure!

Ferrari333SP likes this.