Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Albums in Stores – Feb. 2nd, 2018 • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Feb 2, 2018.

1. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

I'm still in January with amazing records I had missed in 2017 and new ones as well, with Nils Frahm and Marmozets still waiting to be heard for the first time, and there's already a lot of new stuff out now! New Rhye, Anna Burch (who I really wanted to remember to check out), and I guess I'll need to get through new JT or Don Broco out of curiosity.

2. SWOOPE!

3. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

Anna Burch - Quit the Curse
    Boy Rex - Live! From the Far Away
    Rich Brian - Amen

Hazelnutsack and Mattww like this.
  4. AMC

Regular

Awolnation is so good

5. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

Broken Cross
    Genocide Pact
    Spite (the black metal one, not the terrible downtempo deathcore one)

All I got this week.

elemenohpe likes this.
  6. shawnhyphenray

Regular

Story Untold and Don Broco is all for me

7. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

There's a new Lights & Motion EP out today called "Bloom". Pretty chill!

morken and Mattww like this.
  8. DroppingDemPounds89

Regular

the new don broco album is fantastic

9. serotonin

who told you this room exists? Supporter

New Justin Timberlake is so far off point. Each video has been laughable, save for maybe Say Something, the most listenable single so far. Man of the Woods is just a bad track and the music video is rough. It just all seems so misguided. There is some legitimate cringe in the lyrics throughout this whole album. The music videos and album teasers have just been the worst.

When he talks about fucking Jessica in this heartfelt song to his son in the closer track... really? That's the best line you can write to your son and to finish off this album full of modern Americana and 808s?

bmir14 likes this.
  10. James Lyon

stuff123456

havent listened to the new lights & motion EP but im sure its solid

11. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

Just finished - nothing big or refreshing, but in fact pretty solid and definitely good for an ambient feeling.

12. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

It's actually Rich Brian now.

Contender likes this.
  13. Ham Boy

JT's new album is complete trash. Disjointed af and poorly produced.

bmir14, Arry and serotonin like this.
  14. Arry

it was all a dream Prestigious

rich brian. will probably check out field music. i know JT is not known for lyrics, but jesus christ i didn't think it was that bad. I tried but couldn't. I don't know, I'll come back to it later and see if I can get into it.

15. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

Don’t sleep on this Hookworms album if you like psychedelic-type music

16. HalfHearted

Regular

Didn't get through it all yet, but the new Skyzoo album is very good.

17. Spenny

Regular

Listened to new JT for the first time. Underwhelming as all hell. I'll give it another spin or two to see what sticks, aside from Filthy and Say Something. Also listened to the first few tracks of Rhye's new album. Maybe I just don't get it, but similarly to how I felt when I listened to Woman, I feel like every track bleeds together and it just sounds super dry. I'll try listening to the full thing tonight though.

Other than that, probably just Rae Morris and Awolnation for me. I adored Rae Morris' last album, so hoping good things for this one.

18. theredline

Trusted Supporter

JT album getting murdered by reviewers. Still wanna hear it though...

19. somethingwitty

Trusted

Are people really pretending that JT used to have good lyrics on past albums? They're just as mediocre as they've always been.

Timbaland and Pharrell did a good job creating some unique song structures, I think people were just expecting something different.

Analog Drummer likes this.
  20. elemenohpe

Irregular Prestigious

Came to add Genocide Pact to my list. I couldn't find BC or Spite this morning when I was looking... I def looked up the Spite on Stay Sick though. Thanks for clarifying that one.

21. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

Broken Cross is on their bandcamp page:

Spite is on their label's bandcamp page, but they haven't released the whole thing yet which is annoying cause it's supposed to be out today. That happens occasionally with small metal labels though:

22. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

@Jason Tate can you or another mod fix the date here? Says Jan, not Feb

Jason Tate likes this.
  23. kaeru

pillbugpdx Supporter

Super excited to hear this new DZ Deathrays album

24. Gooddayz

always and forever

Heard Negative Space and I loved it. Gonna check out the album

whitenblue88 likes this.