Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Albums in Stores – Feb. 16th, 2018 • Page 3

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Feb 16, 2018.

1. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

PBTT
    American Nightmare
    US Girls
    Noose Rot
    Harakiri for the sky
    Extinction AD
    Ataraxy
    Windhand/Satan's Satyrs

elemenohpe likes this.
  2. dtbjerke

Regular Supporter

You and everyone else apparently... that lyric video came out 1/22 and only had 350-ish views this morning.

Glad you are digging them! Feel like others here would dig them as well.

3. skoopy

Regular

Dug this, kinda Thrice and B&C esque. Nice to see solid stuff coming from T&N still.

4. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

Pianos was great and I'm enjoying Senses Fail way more than I expected. Good start to the day.

5. BigMouth Feb 16, 2018
    (Last edited: Feb 16, 2018)
    Brandi Carlile - liked it for the most part, but "The Joke" is an INCREDIBLE song

Senses Fail - might be my least favourite album of theirs, but it's fun and I like the artwork. The choruses just aren't as good as they need to be. I'll probably spin it for a couple weeks then forget. Renacer feels so long ago now...

Pianos Become the Teeth - I always have difficulty caring about Keep You that much, and this record feels a little more interesting. It still feels inconsistent (tracks 3-5 lose me until "Forever Sound" starts) but this one might have more staying power for me. "Charisma" is my favourite song by them since The Lack Long After, though, so there's a good chance this one will be a grower.

Car Seat Headrest (remake) - really nice update on the quality. This could have lost some of the magic but I think it improved the project.

Runaway Brother - probably my favourite record of the day. So different from their past stuff, but still really fresh sounding. Only wish the recording was a little crisper with that rhythm guitar, but that's a minor complaint.

Summer Wars - haven't heard yet, but I'm just expecting some fun tunes so I probably won't be let down

American Pleasure Club - haven't heard yet, hoping it's good!

EDIT: Also listening to Rejjie Snow, CVLTVRE, Good Old War, Off Road Minivan, and Turnspit based on recs I heard in here and elsewhere

Sorry in advance for pissing off Pianos fans

thenewmatthewperry likes this.
  6. tyler_pifer

I think it sounds most like the melodic songs off The Fire.

Loki likes this.
  7. Everyone needs to hear the new Spiral Gaze EP from Off Road Minivan. It reminds me of so many bands that I love, I'm having trouble pinpointing precise influences. Best new band I've heard in a long while.

Bartek T. and KidLightning like this.
  8. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

Yeah, same for me. Never been a huge fan and I am actually enjoying this a fair bit about half way through. Pretty happy with this haha.

9. Arry

it was all a dream Prestigious

really enjoying american pleasure club. i'm so sad 'lets move to the desert' isn't on spotify. that aaliyah sample is so gooood. really great vibes.

Bartek T. and incognitojones like this.
  10. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

That was my question too. Unless I've missed an interview, I just assumed the change was more to do with the turnover in the band and what Buddy feels like making these days. Seems like a stretch to assume it's just an exercise in pandering, and I also don't think Buddy would even assume steering back into their older sound would suddenly result in more fans.

monkeytarget likes this.
  11. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

Listened to Superchunk right now, and it's quite cool. In the morning I tried new Senses Fail, and it's better altogether than the singles separately... however - it's all about PBTT - might be the best album of 2018 so far for me.

New Good Old War and American Pleasure Club are both on my list to listen to next, and I'll check out Off Road Minivan, based on some of the recommendations.

12. ghostxvapor

Trusted

I have to try and listen to Miracle's new album before the end of the work day.
    This was a good release day

13. elemenohpe

Irregular Prestigious

I only know of them because their singer used to be in a band that my old pop punk group played shows with regularly.

I dig Summer Wars but never love their stuff... it's just solid pop punk.

LCT Music and dtbjerke like this.
  14. James Lyon

stuff123456

surprised no one mentioning slaves (jonny craig) new album, all the singles have been solid. also debut single from royal coda (kurt travis) - anything to save is pretty cool.

15. Loki

God of mischief

I wish I could get into Pianos more, the music is undoubtedly beautiful but I don't connect with the vocals or lyrics as much as most. Not a shot at the quality, just a preference.

elemenohpe likes this.
  16. Hazelnutsack

Irregular

RUNAWAY BROTHER IS A BOP FYI

LCT Music likes this.
  17. dtbjerke

Regular Supporter

This is spot on.

18. Arry

it was all a dream Prestigious

um, okay new aaron carter is out and there are actual bops on there. i'm actually digging some of these songs. like justin bieber purpose vibes, what a shocker

19. Iamhollywood315

Regular

Senses Fail and Pianos for Me. Also gonna check out slaves even though Jonny Craig is a scumbag.

LCT Music likes this.
  20. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

A brief statement showing how terrible people are able to continue making music no matter what fucked up shit they do

tyramail and Arry like this.
  21. Iamhollywood315

Regular

Not sure how to read your comment since this is the internet, but are you saying because i am checking out this release i am enabling him to have the ability to continue to make music? I'm not supporting or endorsing his character or anything I'm just generally curious as to how the record sounds.

22. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

You and thousands of others are allowing him to continue to make music, yeah. As long as there's an audience people can do whatever horrendous shit they want, people will still want to check out how their records sound.

23. Iamhollywood315 Feb 16, 2018
    (Last edited: Feb 16, 2018)
    Iamhollywood315

Regular

hah. you must be fun at parties. A few song listens on Spotify makes a difference. Direct your bitterness at their record label or booking agent, tour manager ect. Such a typical comment for you to make around here. Im not buying his record or going to a show if they play where i live. You make your money touring and people showing up to the show but okay you know how it all works for a band to continue being a band.

24. New US Girls is very cool

Essie likes this.
  25. James Lyon

stuff123456

wait what did he do i wasnt aware of anything