Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Albums in Stores – Feb. 16th, 2018 • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Feb 16, 2018.

1. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

very good release day, pianos, ought, runaway brother, superchunk, us girls, car seat headrest remake

j0hnnyrt, Mary V and teebs41 like this.
  2. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

Pianos Become the Teeth – Wait For Love
    Senses Fail – If There Is Light, It Will Find You

Saephon likes this.
  3. Fox83

Trusted

The Wrecks have a new EP out. Definitely going to check that out.

4. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

The Wrecks put out a new EP today.

5. theredline

Trusted Supporter

I know it’s silly but I don’t think I could ever listen to a band with the name Car Seat Headrest. It makes me grit my teeth it’s so awful!

6. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

There are way worse band names out there

KidLightning likes this.
  7. MattNCheeze

Trusted

If anyone is into alt country Susto just converted their digital series into a album. V good.

8. Loki

God of mischief

Well, like any business when your customer rejects a change... adapt or perish.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  9. Jake W

I just don't expect bands pandering to their fans to produce good music.

10. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

Debut album from Turnspit, Desire Paths, is out today too. t's up on Apple Music and streaming via New Noise. Americana-tinged Chicago punk rock, with three vocalist including one female vocalist/guitarist. For fans of Hot Water Music, Long Neck, The Menzingers, Worriers.

bachna84 likes this.
  11. Loki

God of mischief

I understand the thought process, but I expect any professional musician (which I define as being a person's primary source of income and not a side hobby) to always be doing some version of this. Exceptions of course come when a person becomes wealthy enough where it doesn't matter.

On a side note, I am 75% through the album as we speak and I find it enjoyable. I think those saying it is a carbon copy of the first albums are wrong, too. I don't think it sounds like anything they have done. I am not a biased super fan either, some of their stuff I like and some I don't historically.

12. Jake W

Gonna check this out because of that FFO lol

elemenohpe and KidLightning like this.
  13. Buscemi knows best

You owe me a Sausage McMuffin

Pianos
    Brett Dennen (new EP)
    Senses Fail

14. monkeytarget

Buddy said this?

15. Elder Lightning

Nice! I would say they remind me of the first 2 more than the last 2, but those other 2 I saw in other people's descriptions of them, and they opened for Captain, We're Sinking when they played here in Chicago last summer. They have some earlier EP's and demos up on Bandcamp too: Turnspit

I like this album and I think it shows a lot of promise, especially for a debut. Personally I was hoping they'd explore the Americana and rock & roll side of their sound a bit more on this, but they leaned into the punk side and I still think it's good.

Jake W likes this.
  16. Elder Lightning

Yeah, I've never been a huge Senses Fail fan, but I enjoyed this on first listen. Some of the lyrics are a bit silly, but there's definitely a message behind them.

17. Jake W

I'm enjoying it so far

KidLightning likes this.
  18. MattNCheeze

Trusted

all bands I love, will check this out.

Jake W and KidLightning like this.
  19. Elder Lightning

"Skin" is heartbreaking.

Jake W likes this.
  20. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

Pianos is great on first listen, i've never been a huge fan, I spun Keep You for a few months when it came out and never really went back to it. The Plot in You is also really cool, very different from their past music.

Checking out the new SF next

21. Jake W

The opening track on Pianos rivals Etta James for the best song I've heard this year

22. Loki

God of mischief

I really like this Summer Wars... never had heard of them... thank you

elemenohpe and dtbjerke like this.
  23. thelonelywheel

A new band named Off Road Minivan released their new EP today called “Spiral Gaze” off Tooth & Nail. Highly recommend it. Title track is amazing.

thenewmatthewperry and solxace like this.
  24. Jake W

Surprised I'm the only one that's mentioned Ducking Punches so far tbh. Frank Turner loves them and featured on a song on their last album, that might get you'll to listen to them.

LCT Music, BigMouth and elemenohpe like this.
  25. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

Good day today! Though hearing that Senses Fail reverted back to their 2006 sound is a bit of a bummer. The heavier stuff from them was really cool on the last couple records.

Pianos Become The Teeth
    Senses Fail
    Superchunk
    Runaway Brother
    Car Seat Headrest
    Good Old War