Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Albums in Stores – Dec. 2nd, 2022 • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Dec 1, 2022.

1. chorus.fmetal

Penlab likes this.
  2. Penlab

Trusted Supporter

AbsoluteMetal.

Can you imagine if Jason had started this as a Pantera fansite? What weird alternate universe would that be?

theasteriskera and BigMouth like this.
  3. it'd be cool if in your spreadsheet you included a Genre column

4. Penlab

Trusted Supporter

bradsonemanband likes this.
  5. [​IMG]

6. Was curious if my band's release ended up in your spreadsheet and was pleasantly surprised! Not sure if you just scrape streaming services to get that info or what but it was cool to see it there. Thanks for all the work you do putting these together!

helloiamzach and theasteriskera like this.
  7. midnightxtaylor

Regular

So good

8. LightsOut

Regular

Nofx + Sudden Waves all day!

9. Jabba

I had no idea about this. THANK YOU

Elder Lightning likes this.
  10. artbynickferran

nickferran.com

New White Lung is fucking incredible – no surprise there. RIP to a truly perfect band.

11. helloiamzach

Regular

The lists are worse because you’re still getting what you were getting before AND more on top of that?

I hope to with the 2023 lists onwards soon, but it’s gonna take some time though I’m afraid, especially if I keep them as extensive as they already are currently.

12. helloiamzach

Regular

You’re welcome! :)

The lists are composed from searching several different music sites from their existing lists, Reddit, my own Spotify following notifications, and press releases I receive, just to name a few places.

I also check a handful of different genre threads on this forum - metal, hardcore, emo, pop-punk, skramz, shoegaze. Plenty of opportunity and effort to have a variety included.

Then each Friday I check each of the albums and EPs to make sure they were definitely released and not pushed back, add surprise releases, etc and update my spreadsheet, and then use the same sources above to make the playlist, try and (for at least the first half) give it some cohesive flow and order with the BIGGER single releases at the start, and then post it here, email it out, and share on socials.

That’s the basic overview of how it comes together. :)

slickdtc, JRGComedy, BigMouth and 2 others like this.
  13. Penlab

Trusted Supporter

Truly doing God's work.

I used to be on a forum where I ran a rock tournament almost yearly, where we'd vote on a bracket of 256 releases from the year and then pit them against each other to determine a winner.

I would gather artwork, tracklists, music videos, label info, and social media links to make it all as professional as possible, and it was ridiculously time consuming work.

Eventually enough people stopped participating to where my burnout with the idea took over and I stopped, but it was fun while it lasted.

Anyway, my point is that what you're doing sounds equally exhausting, so don't burn yourself out trying to meet people's requests.

slickdtc, JRGComedy and Bartek T. like this.
  14. theredline

Trusted Supporter

Ronnie Martin (Joy Electric) released a holiday album. Really good.