Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Albums in Stores – Dec. 14th, 2018

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Dec 14, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

We’ve hit the slow period in the music industry. Today sees new releases from Goldfinger and Bruce Springsteen. If you hit read more you can see all the releases we have in our calendar for the week. Hit the quote bubble to access our forums and talk about what came out today, what albums you picked up, and to make mention of anything we may have missed.

Algernon Cadwallader – Algernon Cadwallader
    Goldfinger – The Goldfinger Christmas EP
    Pale Mara – Pale Mare
    The Decemberists – Traveling On
    Zayn – Icarus Falls
    Bruce Springsteen – Springsteen On Broadway

2. bachna84

we are nothing more than mannequins Prestigious

3. elemenohpe

Irregular Prestigious

Currents

Nate_Johnson and tyramail like this.
  4. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

Vic Mensa!

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  5. TriangularDuck

Regular Supporter

Bay Faction - Florida Guilt is a late AOTY contender

6. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

Algernon Cadwallader
    Goblinsmoker
    Venom
    Ferum

7. theasteriskera

Trusted Supporter

Valleyheart
    Unamused Dave
    Goldfinger
    Algernon Cadwallader
    The Chainsmokers
    Zayn
    Currents

8. dtbjerke

Regular Supporter

Facing New York
    Vic Mensa
    Valleyheart
    ZAYN

9. theasteriskera

Trusted Supporter

Has anyone else noticed a lot more big artists releasing unnecessarily long albums? Today's Zayn release is an hour & half, & there have been several others this year (Drake, Lil Wayne, etc) that are that long as well. Is that a push from major labels to release as many tracks as possible because we're in the streaming era & these are the new "cash cows"?

CMilliken likes this.
  10. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

definitely a result of the streaming age.

11. bloodinthesand

Regular

currents

12. efp722

Regular

Anyone else see another new Valencia track drop today? I think it might be a b-side to their last album. Pretty good, imo

13. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

I just saw that. The song sounds familiar.. Maybe it was on the CD?

14. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Yeah it came on Spotify and I was amped that they're still capable of writing good music. Then I realized it was a b-side from 2010 lol.

15. theasteriskera

Trusted Supporter

It might sound weird but I remember it being on Spotify when the album was first put on there.

Dancing with a Ghost - Wikipedia

16. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Conditions released a new single today. First new music from them since 2014.

17. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

bachna84 likes this.
  18. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

Valleyheart, Goldfinger Christmas EP (a short one but a fun one) and Facing New York record.

theasteriskera likes this.
  19. stahlneckr

Newbie Supporter

For sure a result of streaming. They're just throwing things at the wall to see what sticks as a hit. I don't think it's as much of a thing in the rock/punk genres because there's a lot more top to bottom album listeners.

theasteriskera likes this.
  20. Spenny

Regular

Valleyheart is about it. Will probably check out ZAYN's album too.

21. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

Are hip-hop albums actually getting longer though? I feel like I've always found the genre to have a lot of long albums, whether it be Bone Thugs n Harmony, artists after them like Kanye and Lupe, or now the newest generation like Kendrick

slickdtc likes this.
  22. MattNCheeze

Trusted

valleyheart

23. Oh no not Zayn again!

24. vinylfilmaholic

The Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse soundtrack is pretty great. Movie was great as well. Gonna check out the CrazyEightyEight album too.

sebastianrcgr and BigMouth like this.
  25. CRAZYEIGHTYEIGHT - Burning Alive

Honestly though, if the Underoath album this year wasn't your cup of tea, then this is the closest you'll find to their old sound. Sounds like something between TOCS and DTGL. Plus the vocalist Lauren has a beast of a voice. It is the new project of Jarrod Alonge and features Patty Walters (As it is) on bass (no vocals), but don't let that put you off if you're not a fan of their other stuff. I've been waiting for this record all year and it's full of bangers.

Shinebox and Nitroglycerin are my favorites right now if you want a song to start on.

And that was the last album I was excited for this year, so see you all in 2019!

vinylfilmaholic likes this.