Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Albums in Stores – August 19th, 2016 • Page 3

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 19, 2016.

1. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

And onto my third Black Foxxes listen

2. DallasSF

They should definitely be getting love here. Solid album.

3. subplotofcrows

A Grand Scene For A Color Film Prestigious

Prince Daddy & The Hyena album is cool.

I also recommend the new Bad Omens record. Its basically Sempiternal-era Bring me The Horizon, and by "basically" I mean its an exact carbon copy soundwise, even the vocals sound like Oli. I think they're gonna be huge.

4. elemenohpe

Irregular Prestigious

I listened to 91 Penn a few days ago. Solid debut... I was so sad when they broke up. New songs are good but it sounds like a diff band. Still glad they're kinda back.

5. chuwaay

John Paul White
    The Color Morale
    Make Them Suffer
    Soilwork
    Bad Omens
    Bayside

Good stuff this week.

6. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

haha. saw her last weekend and i kept accidentally calling her alyson hannigan to my friend.

7. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

only a few songs in but great rec. i've been looking for an album like this lately.

morken likes this.
  8. Slangster

Won "Best Hog" at the Hog Shit Snarfing Contest Supporter

DejaMoi and morken like this.
  9. Frinet42

Regular Supporter

Thanks for the Ages and Ages catch!!!

10. kevincomplains

checking this out now, absolutely love the mix too

11. I released an EP today! :teethsmile::teethsmile::teethsmile::teethsmile::teethsmile:

It's my Album-in-a-Day Project, Vol. 1. I literally wrote and recorded these 4 songs from scratch in 24 hours. It might seem hackneyed or counterintuitive, but the songs came out basically as good as anything that I would normally take days or weeks to write/record. I've also already recorded Vol. 2, which I'm freaking stoked to get out to the world in a few months.

In the meantime, it's free to stream/download on Bandcamp (or Noisetrade or Soundcloud) and I hope you enjoy it!

12. Liz

Ew, David

The new Lindsey Stirling album is beautiful--I may or may not have teared up a bit at "Gavi's Song"

Spencer Rhoton likes this.
  13. oxeneers

14. Cody Butler

Regular

I love this thread and all of you beautiful bastards so much.

I hadn't heard of Black Foxxes or Bad Omen and didn't realize Slow Club had a new record. This is my favorite thread to visit each week.

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  15. serotonin

who told you this room exists? Supporter

I'm in. I missed a few tracks while working but overall dug it quite a bit and will be listening again tonight.

morken likes this.
  16. Frinet42

Regular Supporter

Definitely a step up from her last album, who would've thought you can listen to Lindsey Stirling, Lecrae, and Rivers Como all in one song!?

17. MikeyFedorchuk

My hot take for the first song on this record is that the first two minutes sound like Ryan Adams, and the last two minutes sound like Captain We're Sinking. I'm totally cool with that

morken likes this.
  18. serotonin

who told you this room exists? Supporter

The lead singer keeps reminding me of Pete Loeffler of Chevelle.

19. Honeymagnolia

Regular Supporter

An EP I missed last week was Gang of Youths- Let Me Be Clear

RIYL- Augustines, Manchester Orchestra

Australian band who I saw support Manc Orc in the UK and they are so good. Highly recommend.

DejaMoi likes this.
  20. Liz

Ew, David

I was sure I was going to hate that song when I first heard about it but I actually really like it! I do wish there was a little less singing on this album though

21. Kruz1023

Roosevelt