Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Albums in Stores – Aug. 30th, 2019 • Page 3

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 30, 2019.

1. xburningcoffin

KC

Also, who has to incessantly harp on accusations that have never gone anywhere but in slanderland anytime an album or news post comes out, go to reddit

2. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

Oh my god guys, why do you have to call rapists out all the time, god!

xburningcoffin and Jake W like this.
  3. The fact that the two people who were arguing BOTH liked your comment is super baffling to me.

4. xburningcoffin

KC

i can disagree with someone and still remain civil and not resort to petty insults

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  5. xburningcoffin

KC

And I think my post/posts have been critical of those who take any opportunity they can to troll comment sections to attempt to ruin people reputations over allegations that have not been proven to true. It saddens me that a celebratory area about new releases gets littered with rumors and gossip

6. I also have my issues with gossip, slander, relative truth, and a culture that's now generally treating people as "guilty until proven innocent."

That said, I was more so making the joke that I think one of you took Tyramail's comment as serious and the other took is as sarcastic.

tyramail and xburningcoffin like this.
  7. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

Considering the false allegation statistics coupled with the statistics of how many women are sexually assaulted, the “guilty until proven innocent” culture is exhausting. People calling out someone who’s been an alleged rapist by more than one person is hardly trolling.

Mary V likes this.
  8. xburningcoffin Aug 31, 2019
    (Last edited: Aug 31, 2019)
    xburningcoffin

KC

Life isn’t just a statistic, I’m not casting judgment on those telling the truth or not. I’m looking at MJK’s response, which didn’t have to be made, seems legitimately honest. I’m not an expert on judging whether it’s truthful or dishonest, and there hasn’t been further allegations against him since (that I’m aware of). Stats can tell you a lot of things but there is always exceptions to the numbers and projections. If thinking that he’s a rapist is so abhorrent, why are you (edit:people in this thread) talking about it on an album release post, to what end does this do anything productive? It needs to be pointed out how ludicrous it is that I have even felt the need to respond to posts like those that have been made, but the swirling gossip circle needs to stop.

9. xburningcoffin

KC

I haven’t seen any other allegation except the one from last June by an anonymously twitter poster, has there even been more than that one? I’ve searched and not found anything.

10. xburningcoffin

KC

And
    who exactly is being called out? No way in hell is MJK looking at this site or post

11. tyramail Aug 31, 2019
    (Last edited: Sep 2, 2019)
    tyramail

Trusted Supporter

There were other people sharing their stories about unwanted behavior from him on Twitter.

We Need To Talk About These Maynard James Keenan Allegations

I will always err on the side of the accuser. I believe survivors. His statement was also not anything other than dismissive and calling out the #metoo movement. It probably was legitimately honest, as it wasn’t very good. It’s not about MJK looking at this post lol, if that’s what you think, you clearly do not get it.

Mary V likes this.
  12. xburningcoffin

KC

So, this conversation would be way more appropriate on that article than the album release one. I’m still not sure what “calling out” someone on a post like this is suppose to accomplish, it sure isn’t going to do anything other than perpetuate the witch hunt.

13. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

Yeah I don’t think there’s ever an inappropriate time for a person’s abuse allegations to be discussed. It’s not something that should be pushed under the rug because this is an album release thread. The fact that you call it a witch hunt also just goes to show you’re truly dismissive of these allegations anyway. Someone else may take these allegations seriously and rethink their support of the band, if they weren’t previously aware of them. So yeah, I’d say it could accomplish something.

Mary V likes this.
  14. xburningcoffin

KC

I’m dismissive because I don’t buy the allegations. That doesn’t mean I always dismiss this kind of thing. This whole guilty til proven innocence culture is out of control and it’s time to call out its unhelpful nature and demeaning behavior towards people that have a differing opinion than yourself.

15. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, we won’t agree on anything here based on that first statement so I’m out.

16. Hey, I agree with everything you’re posting but I’d just ask that you change your terminology to “I believe survivors” rather than only women, in order to stop the erasure of transgender, non binary and male survivors of assault. I had a trans friend harshly yet correctly call me out on this, it isn’t right to exclude entire populations of survivors in the world, despite what our outdated terms tell us!

tyramail likes this.
  17. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

My apologies, I’ve edited that post. Thank you!

Mary V and Jason Tate like this.
  18. noKings

Regular

DOOMTREE crewwwwwwwwwwwwww shred em up

foomanfat, Orla and tyramail like this.