Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Albums in Stores – Aug. 26th, 2016

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 25, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. Slangster

Won "Best Hog" at the Hog Shit Snarfing Contest Supporter

Butch, Thugger, Vince Staples, Glass Animals. Really great release day.

whitenblue88 likes this.
  3. Vince Staples
    Carly Rae Jepsen

That Album Leaf record is so good too

4. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

DE LA SOUL!
    Carly Rae
    Vince
    Cassius (Mainly to hear Mike D back on the mic. I miss the Beastie Boys.)

5. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Matt Kerekes record is fun

6. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Britney obv. Miles above Britney Jean. I was resigned to expecting the rest of her career to be mediocre album cuts with a few very modest "hits" sprinkled in, but sis stepped it up. Sounds like a somewhat less iconic In The Zone made for 2016. Slumber Party, Love Me Down, and Liar are so fun. Multilingualney is in full force. Private Show and Clumsy are imo the weak links but everything else is great. I didn't love Man on the Moon at first but "I can't compete with the stars in the sky, I'm invisible" has been in my head all week

ur welcome for this synopsis.

7. I'm super ready for Carly Rae man

8. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

Butch Butch and nothing but the Butch

Mr_Hox and Craig Manning like this.
  9. morken

Not everything means something, honey Supporter

I'll check out The Hunna - 100, if I need a break from Butch this weekend.

10. Okay new Carly Rae is great right off the bat

11. skoopy

Regular

The new Veils album is quite excellent and more likely than not it will fly under the radar like the rest of their stellar discography, would definitely recommend.

Along with that I'll give the new Ingrid michaelson, Morgan Delt, Slow club, and glass animals a listen.

whitenblue88 likes this.
  12. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

Vince Staples is amazing

I'll also check out:

Carly Bae Jepsen
    Butch Walker
    Apologies, I Have None
    Mat Kerekes

13. Bayside 182

Wolverine Supporter

I never heard Dinosaur Pile Up til just a few minutes ago but this is pretty good stuff.....like Weezer meets Nirvana meets every other 90's grunge band

14. Anticitizen7

Please be kind. Like actually kind though.

Mat Kerekes needs to enter your ears.

15. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

First album I dipped into was Glory and I'm gonna go ahead and say it exceeded my (low) expectations on first listen. Solid album for Britney's discog and miles above the mess that was Britney Jean and better than Femme Fatale too, just because the trend following in terms of production is just a little less blatant...but that's probably because tropical house isn't as in-your-face as dubstep.

I'm eyeing Young Thug and Butch Walker for my next listen.

16. alexjlow

Regular

Butch Walker is absolutely stunning.

Will give all the above recs a go as usual and also going to check out Florida Georgia Lines new one for sure.

17. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

Can't rec the new Glass Animals enough! This is so infectiously fun.

Also, the new album by Joseph is very pleasant. RIYL - First Aid Kit, The Staves

18. Eric

Regular

It's fun? Didn't expect that

19. doubledribble

Regular

I'm not tired of Butch Walker. This is probably my album of the year.

20. JWard

That Matt Kerekes is surprisingly excellent. I love Citizen, but from the tracks they released I was afraid it was going to be a bit boring. But it has a great energy.

To add to the list: Apologies, I Have None - Pharmacie

21. Eml182

Regular

Unpopular opinion here, but I feel like I have heard this Butch Walker before. I want to like it but am struggling :(

whitenblue88 likes this.
  22. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

The Butch record is perfect. Probably going to jam this another 50 times before the end of summer.

The Ingrid Michaelson album is also really good. Heartbreaking stuff.

doubledribble and JRGComedy like this.
  23. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

Thugger
    Vince
    Carly Rae

new singles by Crying, Ty Dolla, Cashmere Cat

good day

24. Kiana Aug 26, 2016
    (Last edited: Aug 26, 2016)
    Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

ia! I do think it's funny cause I remember when FF released ppl being like "woah dub step is in a major pop star's album!" So i dont think FF was as trend hoppy initially as it seems now, but it wasnt the Britney sound either. Glory sounds like it fits in her catalog way more seamlessly than FF or BJ. It takes elements from ITZ, Blackout and Circus and sounds like a natural progression of her past influences with modern production. And I think she experimented enough that it's not just a rehash of current trends, which I like. I still don't think I get this mainstream interpretation of tropical tho. To me, the Hook Up was tropical influenced and she did that years ago. I feel like now there will be like a song with a spinny rattling sound and it's "tropical" and I'm like huh

Ur welcome for pt 2 of my synopsis

Carmensaopaulo likes this.
  25. goation

Regular

Plini has a really great new album. For fans of Polyphia, Intervals, and Chon.

SweetThye, noxee and elemenohpe like this.