Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Albums in Stores – Aug. 20th, 2021 • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 19, 2021.

1. swboyd Aug 20, 2021
    (Last edited: Aug 20, 2021)
    swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

Wolves In The Throne Room
    DARE
    Deafheaven
    Between the Buried and Me
    Bonehunter
    Sacrifixion
    Ulver
    Ingrown
    Ghost Brigade
    Woman Is The Earth
    Sarcoughagus
    Sturgill Simpson

ghostxvapor and Elder Lightning like this.
  2. karcrashianpanache

hysterical and useless

New Alien Boy record is v good

3. kpatrickwood

Give what you can.

Angel Olsen's 80's cover EP is out today. Had no idea I needed to hear her cover Safety Dance, but apparently I did.

4. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

Don't sleep on the Telethon album! For fans of Motion City Soundtrack and Everclear:

5. theasteriskera Aug 20, 2021
    theasteriskera

Trusted Supporter

Singles:
    Real Friends' Smashing Pumpkins cover
    Senses Fail ft Spencer Charnas
    Movements b-sides
    Mayday Parade
    Skrillex ft Justin Bieber & Don Toliver
    Boston Manor
    Save Face
    StarBoi3 ft. Ludacris
    The Plot in You
    Orchards
    Jazz Cartier ft KYLE
    Ed Sheeran
    Yungblud
    Kane Brown
    Lady A
    Jaden
    Boys World
    Asking Alexandria
    Santana/Rob Thomas/American Authors

Albums:
    Kool & The Gang
    Lorde
    David Duchovny
    Settle Your Scores
    Telethon
    Deafheaven
    BTBAM
    Switchfoot

tyramail likes this.
  6. theasteriskera

Trusted Supporter

I saw an ad for this somewhere & screenshotted it wondering if that was a reference to Everclear or not. Thanks for the reminder! Every Take This to Heart release is insanely good

Elder Lightning likes this.
  7. Elder Lightning

The MCS influence is definitely more prevalent/obvious, but there's a clear Everclear undertone.

theasteriskera likes this.
  8. interesting RIYL. i'll check it out.

9. Elder Lightning

If you want to hear more of the Everclear influence, check out "Checker Drive".

10. theredline Aug 20, 2021
    theredline

Trusted Supporter

How in the world did I miss they there is a new The Joy Formidable album?!?!? And so far it’s amazing! Her guitar work is so unique and I love it!

I’ll give Lorde, Deafheaven, Settle Your Scores a spin.
    And the Silent Planet single is great!

Frinet42 and Chase Tremaine like this.
  11. theredline

Trusted Supporter

The MCS mention perks my brain ears…!

12. theasteriskera

Trusted Supporter

In my what's new notifications on Spotify, there's an album from an English band called Calva Louise that I know I've never listened to before. I checked them out, their most similar artist is BLOXX, who I listen to a lot. I fully endorse the algorithm suggesting me full albums by bands I didn't know existed

slickdtc likes this.
  13. Miller304

Be excellent to one another. Supporter

Which era of Everclear? This is important. :-)

14. Elder Lightning

Definitely more of the mid-90's era. There are elements of other alternative rock bands of that era too.

The album is called Swim Out Past the Breakers after all . . .

theasteriskera and Miller304 like this.
  15. crunchprank

crunchprank.net Prestigious

Completely forgot he's been doing music for quite a while now, and I've never listened to any of it. Will give this album a shot. Thanks.

Wow this is such a fun listen and only a few tracks in. Nailed it with that MCS RIYL.

When I followed bands back in the day on Spotify, I would get push notifications and stuff on my phone when they would release new music. But this stopped about a year ago and I don't get any notifications in mobile or desktop anymore. The only thing I have to go by is my Release Radar and hope it's on there. I've opened a thread in the Spotify forums but only got people saying they had the same problem, but no Spotify staff comments. I've learned to deal with it at this point, but curious if you (or to anyone reading this) still get notifications for bands you follow?

16. Miller304

Be excellent to one another. Supporter

Ahhh, that's the sweet spot, definitely checking it out.

17. shogunTORTOISE

Regular

Will be listening to L.A. Exes new album

noKings, Orla and bradsonemanband like this.
  18. xenoabe

Regular

Sturgill
    Deafheaven
    Switchfoot
    Telethon

Also got this Cory Wong & Dirty Loops single on repeat all day. This collab album is going to be sooooo good.

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  19. Were you able to confirm anywhere how many tracks will be on the Wong/DL collab? I was assuming it would just be an EP

EDIT: Pre-orders for the vinyl went up today, and I was able to confirm there that the project will be 7 tracks. Very exciting!

20. Toner

A Welshy in London Supporter

Given that Melodrama was my AOTY when that came out I'd have thought I'd have been jumping to listen to the new Lorde. Here I am squealing with delight that after 3 exceptional singles from Deafheaven, the album has dropped and it is as monumental as I was hoping.

21. theasteriskera

Trusted Supporter

I can't remember where the post is, but @slickdtc recently posted about Spotify on Iphone having a little bell in the top right corner where you can see new releases for artists you follow. And it says whether its a single, EP, or album. On rare occasions I'll open Spotify and a full screen image comes up telling me a new album came out from an artist I follow, but it's usually only major label artists, which leads me to believe that's something an artist/label would have to pay for.

slickdtc and crunchprank like this.
  22. thechetearly

Regular

It’s a snooze fest for sure. I will never understand why pop stars do that sometimes. Like….it’s objectively, very, very bland. Reminds me of Lady Gaga’s “Joanne”.

23. crunchprank

crunchprank.net Prestigious

Well what do you know, there is a little bell even on the Android app. Awesome, thank you and @slickdtc!

slickdtc and theasteriskera like this.
  24. soggytime

Trusted

Thanks for the rec! This is great!

25. Zip It Chris

Be kind; everyone is on their own journey.

The album is called Swim out Past the Breakers so it sounds like everclear is a huge I fluency…