Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Albums in Stores – Aug. 18th, 2017 • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 18, 2017.

1. rbf737

Regular

That's awful. I loved "Magnolia" and used to use it to wake me up every morning so I'll definitely be checking this out.

Fox83 likes this.
  2. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

@Checkered

Checkered and whitenblue88 like this.
  3. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Not much that interests me today. I'll check out the new Neck Deep another time or two but it didn't do much for me. I've also been hearing good things about Julien Baker's new song so I may check her stuff out for the first time.

4. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

5. Loki

God of mischief

Yeah, it's just at their age and with families I'd assume finances have to have at least some meaning to them. As this is the retirement run, I wouldn't have faulted them if they tried to make a little extra this time. Still, it appears you are correct!

6. cwhit

yeah, that's the thing they did

either way bands shouldn't take advantage of their fans whether they're underage or not!

7. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

No I didn't mean to suggest that being of age made it better. I mean, it definitely makes it worse that the fans were underage but it's still horrible either way. That's why in my original post about Neck Deep I didn't necessarily emphasize the fact she was underage, because it's still gross whether she was or not.

8. Loki

God of mischief

9. Checkered

Regular

Posting to say that the Gang of Youths record is going to be a very special and important album

coleslawed and Fox83 like this.
  10. Honeymagnolia

Regular Supporter

Also the Gang Of Youths song 'Atlas Drowned' is about one of the band members not getting a visa to stay in Australia and them having to move to the UK.

11. Checkered

Regular

You can tell from the first song tbh

12. Brand Who?

elemenohpe likes this.
  13. CampfireColorado

Regular

the homeless gospel choir!!! it's so good. everything he does is so good.

coleslawed likes this.
  14. cwhit

oh yeah, i wasn't trying to say anything about you. more just a general statement that people sadly don't get

Anthony_D'Elia likes this.
  15. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Brand New
    Gang of Youths
    Homeless Gospel Choir

Fuck Neck Deep

Chris Prindle and Anthony_D'Elia like this.
  16. Zip It Chris

Be kind; everyone is on their own journey.

Never heard of em, but wow...they're fantastic...and 16 tracks, which is just icing on the cake!

Fox83 and Honeymagnolia like this.
  17. thesidekicksuicide

HOMELESS
    GOSPEL
    CHOIR

coleslawed likes this.
  18. bloodinthesand

Regular

Neck Deep and Brand New ALL DAY

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  19. jorbjorb

7 rings

Is Brand New on Spotify?

20. cwhit

21. Jake Z

Regular

@cwhit Bummer to hear your thoughts on Rainer Maria. I haven't heard any of the songs yet. Still might check it out.

22. Dave Diddy

Grief is only love that’s got no place to go Supporter

Damn thanks for the Gang of Youths rec

Fox83 likes this.
  23. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

The old bassist for Taking Back Sunday released an album for his side project. Gonna check that out.

Also might give a chance to the Alice Glass EP

24. JonnyMac

Newbie Supporter

FYI for iPhone users- if you get the download, and add the music to your computer's iTunes, it'll show up in your recently added to library on Apple Music. I was able to download it to my phone at work (after going old school, and putting the album on a USB drive )

youwontknow likes this.
  25. CMilliken

Trusted

I totally get that. I just don’t think these guys are hurting for money for some reason. I mean they’ve basically been off for the past 8 years. I totally get what you’re saying though. Would make sense to make a big push and make what you can before bowing out. Plus at this point until the band says they’re done we’re all just speculating their end in 2018. Time will tell.