Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Albums in Stores – Aug. 17th, 2018 • Page 3

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 17, 2018.

1. jorbjorb

7 rings

Death Cab and Ariana!

2. StickyNote

Grandson released an acoustic EP and 888 released an LP today as well. The Grandson acoustic songs are great, they really rearranged the songs to take full advantage of the acoustic guitar.

3. underoath

She broke your throne and she cut your hair...

You are hundred percent correct about DCFC being a fall band, and how have I never thought of that before. thank you.

CMilliken likes this.
  4. Ham Boy

New Death Cab is incredible. It reminds me of how I felt when Narrow Stairs came out :clap:

5. CampfireColorado

Regular

Caspar Babypants! but seriously, if you have kids, this dude rules.

latortuga and JRGComedy like this.
  6. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Listen to the new mewithoutYou EP. It's great.

coleslawed and Chase Tremaine like this.
  7. WTM

Newbie Supporter

The first album from The Bell Jar (ex-Showbread) is out today, and it's awesome.

coleslawed likes this.
  8. serotonin

who told you this room exists?

Oh god, I haven't seen any mention of the new Paul McCartney track. That is.. interesting.

9. New Death Cab is incredible. Perfect for the transition away from summer.

Larry David likes this.
  10. I love Paul but this feels awkward and doesn’t sit right with me. I thought it was a play on “for you” but unfortunately it’s not (based on multiple interviews I’ve read).

Larry David likes this.
  11. serotonin

who told you this room exists?

I have no idea, it sounds like he's having a hard time saying "fuck you", but the Genius lyric page states "I just want it fuh you", and Paul verifies that lyric on the page as well. ..but, if thats what it is, that it's vague makes it worse in my opinion.

sawhney[rusted]2 and Larry David like this.
  12. paythetab

Chorus.FM Album Reviewer (Adam Grundy) Supporter

Happy Friday, everyone! Excited for these Late Summer/Fall releases in my "wish list" right now, in no particular order...:

1) The 1975 "A Brief Inquiry Into Online Relationships"
    2) Justin Pierre "In The Drink" Motion City Soundtrack's Justin Courtney Pierre Stretches Out Solo With 'In the Drink': Video Premiere
    3) Saves the Day "S/T"
    4) Tom Morello "The Atlas Underground"
    5) Alkaline Trio "Is This Thing Cursed?"
    6) Thrice "Palms"
    7) Twenty One Pilots "Trench"
    8) Third Eye Blind "Thanks For Everything"
    9) Alice in Chains "Rainier Fog"
    10) Greta Van Fleet "TBD-debut full length"
    11) Echo & The Bunnymen "The Stars, The Oceans & The Moon"

How are your lists shaping up? Sorry for any omissions, ha

Larry David likes this.
  13. Arry

it was all a dream Prestigious

dcfc
    mitski of course
    thugger

14. crunchprank

crunchprank.net Prestigious

New GUNSHIP single from their upcoming album was released. Good stuff. Similar to The Midnight, Timecop1983, and other synth/retrowave stuff.

15. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Belmont is great

16. Maverick

Trusted

I really like “Come On To Me” and “I don’t know” isnt bad either but this new “Fuh You” song is just not that good. It sounds like a weird and bland attempt at modern pop.

17. shogunTORTOISE

Regular

The Hempsteadys -Séance! Séance!

18. Going to check out DCFC today.
    If anyone is fond of incredibly immature and incredibly 80s influenced music, the new Ninja Sex Party album dropped today. It's a lot of dumb fun.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  19. japankyku

MITSKI!

20. dotKev

@dotkevin

Mitski was good. Death Cab and mewithoutYou didn't do much for me.

21. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

Thanks for the heads up about the new Coheed single. I know there's only one unreleased track on there (at least, I hadn't seen anything about "The Gutter"--EDIT: I do see it now...but I'm still counting it as new since it was so close to the release date), but it's still really nice to see the release. And I'm also glad to see "Prologue" split from "The Dark Sentencer". Makes skipping it much easier.
    Um...the Paul McCartney? What the heck lol?

serotonin likes this.
  22. LCT Music

Newbie Supporter

Crash the Calm and Staleworth released a split, I think during the week. It’s worth checking out anyway. I hadn’t heard Staleworth before and I’m digging the shit out of their tracks.