Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Albums in Stores – April 8th, 2016 • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 8, 2016.

1. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

When I see it I visualize those things in Inside Out grabbing a burger at McDonalds in outer-space and I am like "what?"
    -From the imagination of Tom Delonge

2. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

I checked the whole thing out on Youtube; love it. For me, perfect mix of singing and screaming, with the addition of some absolutely delicious riffs. Pre-ordered last week, so hopefully I can get it soon

3. carlosonthedrums

Cooler than a polar bear's toenails Prestigious

That new Deftones masterpiece will be gracing my ears for the next few days.

4. edisnfg

"I'd Kill To Fall Asleep"

For sure checking out Deftones, Frightened Rabbit, The Ready Set and The Lumineers

5. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

I think the Lumineers shot themselves in the foot horribly by waiting almost four years to drop the follow-up to their debut. They had so much momentum in 2012 and 2013. What took so long?

That said, I enjoyed the record a fair amount. Sounds pretty much the same as the debut, but it's pleasant mainstream folk.

6. Gooddayz

always and forever

I'll be checking out:

Deftones - Gore
    M83 - Junk
    Erra - Drift
    Tim Hecker - Love Streams
    Tokyo Police Club - Melon Collie and the Infinite Radness, Pt. 1 EP

7. Gooddayz

always and forever

I'm super pumped to listen to this. I've been loving the songs they release beforehand, esp Drift

8. hermanthehermit

Paris, Texas Climate Accord Supporter

May I also recommend Gallant's new album 'Ology' that released today? Super cool pop/R&B record.

9. marioeatworld

Keep on moving. Busy street.

I am currently listening to Human Performance by Parquet Courts and I'm enjoying it quite a lot. Twenty minutes ago I didn't even know this band existed.

10. Frinet42

Regular Supporter

I'm definitely looking forward to checking out new lumineers, I enjoyed the Ophelia single a lot

11. Fixed.

absolutetate69 and scott like this.
  12. absolutetate69

Based on interviews I've read, seems like the fame freaks them out, similarly to brand new/bon iver

13. reesy

Erra - Drift

14. JJ Pagan

Trying Hard Not To Look Like I'm Trying That Hard

I don't get new Deftones. I love just about everything they've done but since Diamond Eyes nothing they've put out has really moved me or resonated with me. Honestly bums me out.

15. edisnfg

"I'd Kill To Fall Asleep"

I went in with low expectations for this album, they've kinda lost me since Saturday Night Wrists, and maybe that helped but i really enjoyed the album. The drums sound a bit weird to me, almost tinny, like only the high hat was played lol. Way better than their last 2 albums in my opinion. Maybe a second listen will change your mind?

16. polyfilla

who can never be sure

I'll definitely be checking out the new Deftones. And I've heard fantastic things about this new Lumineers album...I'll probably be giving that a listen as well

17. Nothing's really grabbing me this week as a "need-to" purchase. Plus I'm still soaking in last week's purchases--and even sadder to note is that there are 2-3 album purchases from the past month or two that I have yet to listen to whatsoever. My purchasing rate really needs to slow down so my listening rate can catch up. (Darn you, podcasts!) I might skip buying anything next week too, although the new Sturgill Simpson might be too tempting to pass up.

18. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

Anybody check out Culture Abuse?