Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Albums in Stores – April 8th, 2016

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 8, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

2. absolutetate69

Feel like no one on this site is stoked for Lumineers. Also, anyone check out Jon Lajoie's debut?

CMilliken likes this.
  3. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

absolutely checking out Deftones. this Cotopaxi record from CYLS is also a nice spin.

4. jorbjorb

7 rings

slow day today imo.

5. younglikeme

ii // YLM

I LOOK FORWARD TO THIS EVERY WEEK! Can you tell I'm excited? haha

Deftones, M83, Frightened Rabbit, Lights, Troller, the Ready Set, & who knows what else, probably troll this thread for more. Why do I feel like no new hip hop is out today? I must be missing something...

6. Solidus

This is a war, sober up

Erra's new album also came out today and is great, easily their best work to date.

Gooddayz likes this.
  7. bertbro

M83 and Frightened Rabbit have been my most anticipated for a couple of years haha. I'm surprised you feel that way.

CMilliken likes this.
  8. Guys Named Todd

Regular Prestigious

rightened Rabbit for sure.
    I'm also interested in checking out The Lumineers and M83.

9. jorbjorb

7 rings

I'll check out the M83.

10. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

Just want to add Tokyo Police Club- Melon Collie and the Infinite Radness Part 1 EP to this list. It is a fantastic EP.

GettingSodas likes this.
  11. Tata Toothy

Regular

I'm going to see the lumineers at the ommegang brewery this summer. I can't wait!

I will be listening to the new cd today.

12. strangeterrain

Regular

Deftones all dayyyyyyyyy

13. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

Forgot the new Lights acoustic album and Lumineers released today. Going to be a great day of listening!

14. Definitely checking out Deftones & Frightened Rabbit!

15. Guys Named Todd

Regular Prestigious

That sounds awesome! Great beer and live music are never a bad combination.

16. @Jason Tate is there any way to submit a correction for the calendar? Next week (April 15th) lists The Fall of Troy - In the Unlikely Event, which is their 2009 release. New album is titled OK.

17. CMilliken

Trusted

I have been looking forward to The Lumineers' release for some time now. Listening to it now. Good to have them back.

18. CMilliken

Trusted

Frightened Rabbit, The Lumineers, Lights, and Deftones. In that order too.

19. highfidelity203

Hailey, It Happens Prestigious

Big week - M83, Lights, Ben Harper & the Innocent Criminals, Frightened Rabbit, Deftones and Peter Wolf

20. absolutetate69

What are your thoughts so far? I really didn't think they'd be able to pull off another great one, but seems like they did. Thought they would pull a "Babel"

21. CMilliken

Trusted

I really enjoyed it. Will definitely try and find the vinyl at my local music store. I think because they took so long to release this album people kinda forgot about them and that's why not many people are talking about them. Same thing happened to Foster The People.

22. ianzandi

Regular

Lumineers
    Dandy Warhols
    Tegan/Sara singles
    M83

I really hate that m83 album art. I'm assuming it's supposed to be ironic or something but it's a pain to look at and kinda ruins the album for me.

I've only heard the Lumineers singles on radio so far and it sounds like the same stuff they put out a few years ago. I really liked it then but I feel I got tired of the whole "alt-folk" thing a year or 2 ago. Hopefully there is some variety on there.

Also wouldn't surprise me if we got a Relient k and House of Heroes single by the end of the day.

23. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Thanks for the reminder. Will be checking it out today.

24. Montauk1222

Trusted Prestigious

New Deftones is so good

25. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Lights, M83, and Frightened Rabbit.