Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Albums in Stores – April 7th, 2017 • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 7, 2017.

1. tape_deck_heart

My copy of Pure Comedy came on Monday and I'm still trying to unpack it and see how I feel about it, and I loved Honeybear and Fear Fun.

Really excited to listen to the new San Fermin album, just threw it on and the opening track is solid.

2. MegT585

Trusted

Diet Cig. All damn day. So good.

3. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

That's a stinker, at least there's four!:uhoh:Checked allmusic(which I consider THE music review site, like a music bible)and her first and latest album get four stars so I'll start there! Thanks for reminding me of her, at 28 yo now there are so many nostalgic classics that have slipped my mind from the last decade, y'know?

4. NOT Kendrick Lamar

So I just don't care about today anymore

coleslawed and CMilliken like this.
  5. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

The Flatliners – Inviting Light
    The Maine – Lovely, Little, Lonely
    Diet Cig – Swear I’m Good At This

And the new Halsey track.

Am I missing anything glaring?

Brent likes this.
  6. paythetab

Chorus.FM Album Reviewer (Adam Grundy) Supporter

My listening list today is HUGE:

- Me First and the Gimme Gimmes "Rake It In" (very fun retrospective/greatest hits, and the time flies when listening thru the 17 tracks)
    - The Chainsmokers "Memories...Do Not Open" (Holy crap, this album blew me away from the first listen. Easily one of the more creative and enjoyable listens I've had in a long time. Check this one out first!)
    - Father John Misty "Pure Comedy" (Been listening to this one for awhile, and while not as immediately grabbing as Fear Fun or Honeybear, it will have lasting value in my collection)
    - Cold War Kids "LA Divine" (Next one I'm listening to after Chainsmokers)
    - Future Islands " The Far Field" (very curious how this one turned out given all the recent hype)
    - Falling In Reverse "Coming Home" (Why not? Heard some forum members talking about this one)

Got some listening to do... Looking forward to seeing others thoughts on the bands listed here!

7. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

The Maine

8. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Nothing that really interests me too much. The Chainsmokers album is pretty bad.

9. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

Question for everyone in the thread because as a musician I need help, and idk which forum is best. I'm an electronic, mainly EDM(bleh)producer/keyboardist/composer based in Denver. My last name is Conard so I dubbed myself 'ConArdist'. I am NOT a DJ(lame). When I DO manage to get a show, I perform mainly w/ my beloved KORG Triton, and also run samples from Ableton through a Novation Launchpad MIDI, and also play in Ableton using my laptop keyboard for even more effects. So...I screwed the pooch b/c I've had good jobs and paid roughly $900 promoting on Facebook over 8 months, and am sitting at 71,000 likes in exactly one year. I sell music digitally(on itunes, Beatport, Juno)and people buy a fair amount, though I lose a noticeable amount of profit because I am eager to upload my ditties immediately and I can see how many people download them. But...all my friends are metalheads. So am I, my avatar is Allegaeon for good reason. The original lineup, and some new members, are some of my dearest friends. But I can't really rely on them, or my buddy from Underoath, or my pal Anthony Green to help me get IDM shows. Since I don't spin, and I resent clubs, but I also don't fit with heavy bands, I'm hopelessly stuck. Sorry to rant, I'm a workaholic and oddly hyper when I'm tired. What I'm asking is can anyone hook me up w/ someone they know or someone on chorus? I've read many times if you can't get fans to show up, don't even try. And I'm NOT Mr. Popularity. Can someone help? I've played two shows at the Oriental Theater Denver, that's it. One show I had to improvise for 45 mins b/c I forgot the crucial backing tracks I had done. I know I have several hit songs ready, I don't like EDM but even I kike these. Can someone help? I appreciate this community so much.

P.S. I do have a top secret drumming audition for a GIANT band coming up, and I stand a 33% chance. So this may be moot. But please try to help. My Soundcloud: ConArdist

10. thesidekicksuicide

Smith Street Band
    Flatliners
    Diet Cig
    Future Islands
    Sammy Kay
    Cory Branan

11. The lack of love for The Smith Street Band is disturbing. The Maine's record is okay, I don't think it's even as good as American Candy, which was not as good as Forever Halloween. But it's solid enough.

CMilliken likes this.
  12. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

this week is stacked, next week less so, gives this week's great releases

there you go

redwing91007 likes this.
  13. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

I was looking forward to this Michelle Branch album, but I'm five tracks in and 1) holy shit this is boring, and 2) there are nine more songs.

CMilliken and heywassuphello like this.
  14. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

The Maine's promotion/sponsorship is fucking hilarious :crylaugh:

jorbjorb and Daniel182 like this.
  15. Yeah I did not like at all what I heard from it last night.

16. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

It's just not what she does well at all. She's such a sharp pop writer, and this album has no hooks. I'm comfortable blaming Patrick Carney.

17. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

i can't stand carney's production and how much he takes over an artist's sound

18. CMilliken Apr 7, 2017
    (Last edited: Apr 7, 2017)
    CMilliken

Trusted

Checking out The Smith Street Band. Heard a ton of great things.

19. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Going to check out The Chainsmokers and The Maine.

20. Yeah that's exactly what my brother and I were thinking last night when we checked out the album. Well, not the Carney thing, but the pop thing, haha

21. Ham Boy Apr 7, 2017
    (Last edited: Apr 7, 2017)
    Ham Boy

Will definitely be checking out The Flatliners, The Weeks, San Fermin, and Diet Cig. Might check out FJM and Cold War Kids. Not a bad release day.

Edit: Lackluster for The Flatliners, but enjoyed both The Weeks and Diet Cig. Also going to check out Loose Tooth, a release from Lame-O Records.

22. xenoabe

Regular

Man, The Weeks new album is so good. Been waiting on this one for a while and it did not disappoint.

23. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Still no Brand New.

coleslawed and DejaMoi like this.
  24. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

New Diet Cig is okay. It's well made, but it doesn't do a lot for me. I had to check them out because of how much they get hyped around these parts. Wear Your Wounds is pretty good and will be a good holdover until we get new tunes from Converge.

I still need to check out Royal Thunder, Ecstatic Vision, Smith Street Band, Connoisseur, and Cliterati.

elemenohpe likes this.
  25. jorbjorb

7 rings

holy shit that new chainsmokers is really bad lol