Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Albums in Stores – Apr. 6th, 2018 • Page 3

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 6, 2018.

1. downpat75

2. I wrote and recorded a new EP on Wednesday and I'm emailing the unmixed/un-mastered songs to whomever wants to hear. Reply or DM me with your email address if you're interested!

RIYL: Thrice, The Receiving End of Sirens, Emery, Mae, Jars of Clay

3. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

Killer day today!

Underoath
    The Wonder Years (Though I'm holding out until I get my hands on my preorder)
    Flatbush Zombies (Totally forgot this was coming today, but I really dug their last LP and the recent single was great so I'm excited)

The rest of these are totally new artists for me that I'll give a try:

Unknown Mortal Orchestra
    Young Galaxy
    Hop Along
    Kississippi
    Eels
    Wye Oak

4. I had to EQ the hell out of The Wonder Years record, but (and I know I'm eating my words from the album thread) it sounded pretty damn good once I did. Just had to suck all the mids out. It's a great fucking record. So many great records today.

Also, don't sleep on the new Kali Uchis record. Probably my favourite pop album of the year so far. And she kills it live.

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  5. bradsonemanband Apr 6, 2018
    (Last edited: Apr 6, 2018)
    The Aces, obviously.

If you like MUNA, HAIM, the new Paramore, and The 1975, you'll most likely want to be jamming this with your windows down all summer long.

And it doesn't hurt that they're from my town.

6. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Can you post what you did for the EQ adjustment? It sounds so muddled or something to me and I want a little more vibrancy in the mixing

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  7. danskoldberg

The band killed it.. but soupys vocal patterns sounds exactly like the rest of their stuff in a bad way... Cigarettes & Saints was more unique than any of these songs

8. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

this record has his widest vocal range yet. he's really never hung in the way he did in it must get lonely.

i mean yeah, he's not a very varied vocalist, at least he's yelling less

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  9. danskoldberg

Yeah i guess you have a point.. I just feel like every verse and chorus is ABAB

10. CMilliken

Trusted

TWY is fantastic. Surprised no one has said anything about Adam Ackerman’s new album. Great stuff. Autobiologist... peep it.

11. paythetab

Chorus.FM Album Reviewer (Adam Grundy) Supporter

Any listeners who had Paramore's "After Laughter" high on their album of the year lists for 2017 <like me> should do themselves a favor and check out The Aces "When My Heart Felt Volcanic" album. Fantastic debut!

Underoath was a bit underwhelming at first listen, but I'll go back through it again soon.

Need to check out the Wonder Years too. Happy New Music Friday!

nohandstoholdonto likes this.
  12. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

New Knuckle Puck EP is out today as well.

CMilliken likes this.
  13. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Underoath and The Aces for me today.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  14. japankyku

The Aces, The Bombpops, Hinds, Hop Along, Kississippi, Underoath, and The Wonder Years for me.

15. Orla

little old lady Prestigious

I forgot No Thank You’s new record dropped today. Listened on the train home and holy cow, it’s great!

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  16. I pulled out all the mids and barely raised treble and bass. Looks like a wide U shape with each end near the middle "flat" line, and bottoming out just above the bottom (this is in iTunes). I hope that makes sense, haha. It's not going to pull off a miracle but I think it suits the record much more.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  17. kaeru

pillbugpdx Supporter

Awesome release day, especially excited for Hop Along, Underoath, Kississippi and The Wonder Years.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  18. skoopy

Regular

Highly recommend listening to the new Family Crest record. Stunning stuff.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  19. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

The Gin Wigmore album is fantastic.

Essie and Mary V like this.
  20. noKings

Regular

Not sure anyone mentioned in here yet. Lifted Bells new release is out. RIYL - Bob Nanna.

Essie likes this.
  21. Orla

little old lady Prestigious

Saw them open for Lemuria a few years back & they were great! Didn’t know they were still going. Thanks!

noKings likes this.
  22. serotonin

who told you this room exists? Supporter

I'll be seeing them in two weeks! Unfortunately I just showed this new album to a friend this weekend and he loved it, but the show sold out already.

23. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

Was so stoked to see the news of its release the other day. And I'm loving it! Like Frightened Rabbit time travelled back to the 90s and left their more recent glossy production in the future.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  24. dastly75

Oy the new 30 Seconds to Mars album is bad.