Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Albums 4.2 Released

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 3, 2021.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Albums, an iOS app we’ve written about before, got a new release:

You can now subscribe to Record Labels in the Release Feed and load their discographies from their collection pages. Not just the few hundred labels Apple supports in the Apple Music API, mind you, but all the labels your little heart desires.

There is a certain genre of feature that I tell my wife about and she says “you know you are the only person who cares about that, right?” And I say “you may bag me up and put me out with the trash on the day that I release a new version of Albums where I didn’t spend a week going down a rabbit hole working on something you will correctly tell me only I care about.”

more

Not all embedded content is displayed here. You can view the original to see embedded videos, tweets, etc.

talkingsmall likes this.
  2. Phil507

Trusted Supporter

I love this app so much. The dude who creates it actually responds to my emails when I find bugs, it's nuts.

talkingsmall and Jason Tate like this.
  3. talkingsmall

Newbie Supporter

Yo! I'm the developer of Albums. Thanks for posting about the update, Jason!

If anyone has any questions about the app, feel free to tag me here or email adam@albumstheapp.com

4. Is there any plan for an Android app? It looks amazing but I am not part of the iOS club.

5. talkingsmall

Newbie Supporter

Hopefully one day! For now I'm focused on the Apple ecosystem though.

Bobby, Turkeylegz and BigMouth like this.
  6. Phil507

Trusted Supporter

I’ve noticed when I complete an album marked incomplete or sort a single as an album, the next time I play any song the app crashes after about :30 of playback. Any way to fix this?

7. talkingsmall

Newbie Supporter

Hmm, that’s a weird one. If you can reproduce that can you do so and then email me the crash log it creates at Settings -> Privacy -> Analytics & Improvements -> Analytics Data?