Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Albums 3.0 – New Features, New Design

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 24, 2020.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

The new version of Albums has been released in the iOS App Store. Albums is an app built for those who like to listen to their music as albums, as a whole, and comes with a variety of great new features. The app’s been redesigned and now pulls in more production credits, lets you sort your collection based on record label, producer, and various other categories. It also has a new Insights feature to highlight album anniversaries or remind you of albums you loved in high school. And, there’s a new Stats feature that gives you more information about your listening habits. Albums also supports Last.fm scrobbling built in.

Check it out now in the App Store!

This post is provided by our weekly sponsor. More information about sponsored posts and advertising on this website can be found here.
    more

Not all embedded content is displayed here. You can view the original to see embedded videos, tweets, etc.

2. noKings

Regular

The app sounds cool, but I still listen to albums in full on spotify. Does no one else do this?

bradsonemanband likes this.
  3. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Oh, I definitely use Spotify. But this is a pretty decent app if you'd rather use your own library from Apple Music and/or existing MP3s. It's head over heels above the Music app for iOS.

To your point, though, I think most people tend to use Spotify and nothing else. The market for something like this is pretty niche... But it's fantastic at what it does!

4. noKings

Regular

Got it... yeah I've tried to use the Apple Music app... not great.

5. This app sounds really cool, but I only use Spotify, so I guess this app won't do much for me? bummer.

6. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, Apple's app sucks. This is a solid one. I don't subscribe to Apple Music, so I just use it for the MP3s I have that aren't on Spotify (or for favorite albums that I want downloaded, regardless) and it's great at what it does.