Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Album Anniversary: ‘Take Off Your Pants and Jacket’

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 13, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. First record with a Parental Advisory label that my mom purchased for me. Got my hands them other ways prior to it, but this was the first one I was technically "allowed" to have.

3. I remember buying it on release day. Safe to say this album was instrumental in forming my music tastes moving forward. It hasn't held up as well as their other releases but I still think it has some of their best songs (Online Songs, Every Time I Look For You, Please Take Me Home) and its still an awesome summer record.

4. shea

RIP Supporter

Probably well in the minority, but this remains my favorite from them. Can't believe it's been this long.

5. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Easily my favorite record, I think it's Marks finest hour personally.

6. austindavispdx

Still on this side of the grass

That's insane it's been that long. I'm pretty sure I like it more than Enema too.

Ya know what's really stupid is Dude Ranch was the first CD I ever bought (with 'allowance' money, aw) and next year it will be 20 years old...

7. Jake Z

Regular

My favorite Blink album also. Such a great summer pop punk record.

8. cubswin182

Newbie Supporter

I remember driving around Charlotte trying to find the three different versions of the record.

9. GetUpAndrew

Constant horror and bone-deep dissatisfaction.

One of the best pop punk records of the '00s. No, well, actually one of the best pop punk records ever.

austindavispdx likes this.
  10. jorbjorb

7 rings

Best pop punk album ever

Ryan likes this.
  11. Thursdaysox

We know it from the silence

Had the "take off" cd, but really was hoping for the yellow pants one. 15 years, damn.

12. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

Bought all three releases for the bonus tracks. Gave the others to friends once I ripped them.

I think this is Mark's best album - and oddly, I think the back half is BETTER than the front. This is an "all hits, no misses" record up there with FUCT and Deja for me.

austindavispdx and Ryan like this.
  13. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

SRC Vinyl teased a TOYPAJ announcement soon. Hopefully a vinyl repress. They repressed all their other albums except this one recently.

14. austindavispdx

Still on this side of the grass

If they do, it's spendy but worth it. I got the press they did a while ago. Two LPs and three 45s, each one of the three colors with the bonus tracks. Pretty cool.